Lyric Video For My Nepalese Rock Song

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 4050547
    sseldneniar : Sat 5th Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

Hi there,

Hope everyone here is doing well. I just wanted to share a new lyric video that I created using Davinci Resolve for an older version of one of my original rock songs that was recorded way back in 2010. Would love to hear your feedback on my video and any tips for improvement as well. BTW, the song lyrics are in Nepalese language. Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBumSaHmaVg

2. 2721830
    mediansky : Fri 11th Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

This is very cool man, what software did you use to make this? Ive been trying to make lyric videos lately too.

3. 4050547
    sseldneniar : Fri 11th Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

Thanks mediansky for your reply! I used the video editing software called "Davinci Resolve 16" (free version) to create this video. This software might seem a bit complicated at first (compared to other software out there), but it's really cool and intuitive once you get used to it (not to say that I've mastered it by any means though. I still consider myself to be a beginner when it comes to lyric videos, text animations or video editing in general) In the beginning, I found it somewhat frustrating to learn and navigate as it was so different from the other video software I was used to i.e. Windows movie maker. But with patience, trial and error, and countless YouTube video tutorials on it, I finally started to get the hang of it :)

4. 1231236
    joecramer : Tue 15th Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

hello sseldneniar, the vid looks good and the moving of text is nice and so on BUT
    (just for me) you forgot that you made this stuff for people who don't know the words. This has the effect that you tried to show the words in the rhythm of your song (and you did that very well) but for listeners without knowing what will come next, they can't read the first word in the same time it appears in the song and so they always be behind the sung lyrics. I saw that often and also in some karaoke versions and i think it looks good but doesn't help anybody. So maybe you should start the lyric's on the screen just a few mili sec's before you sing them.
    I hope that helps a little.
    But in fakt it is well made!

5. 4050547
    sseldneniar : Tue 15th Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

Thanks joecramer for your detailed feedback on the lyric video. I appreciate it! I totally agree with you that lyric videos are meant for people who don't know the words. From now on I will make sure to start the on-screen lyrics a few milliseconds before they are sung. Thanks again!

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums