Microphone Recording Problem

Posts 1 - 11 of 11
  1. 1552300
    bitronix : Tue 1st Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

Hey! I currently have a microphone problem.

I just bought a new USB mic (pls don't judge me) and it works fine in discord and in any communication-based apps. However, when I try to record in both FL Studio's Edison and Audacity, the audio recorded glitches/pops/clicks out randomly. My CPU is fine and is not overloading, and I've tried using both ASIO4ALL and FL ASIO drivers but both made the same results. I also tried increasing the buffer/latency but still the same result also.

Here's an audio recording (link will be taken down once the fix has been found): https://soundcloud.com/realbitronix/sets/problems/s-XuYFjG50rpz

2. 1231236
    joecramer : Wed 2nd Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

I am not sure about FL but in Magix ASIO works for all the Midi based stuff and wav and vocals need the Wave driver. (at least here on my side) .....

3. 4076242
    blindwolf2 : Wed 2nd Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

sounds like its cliping record volume needs come down sometimes your not cliping at a certain volume but as you get louder you clip some sound cards like mine have a pad switch or button this stops any cliping cliping is when your over reaching your peak try turning record levle down then if that works bring volume up on your recording

4. 4076242

when i record any live instruments including mics you kinda need a mixer or a good sound card that controls peak levle as sounds change some times in amber and at other levles in the red and you clip

5. 630386
    Unknown User : Wed 2nd Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

First, try this:

Use the lowest possible buffer setting in ASIO. Also, I want you to disconnect from the live Internet because I want you to also disable Anti-Virus/Firewall program and close all unnecessary programs. Also, unplug and disconnect any and all unnecessary USB devices connected to your system like external storage drives, printers, and so on. Now try it, you can increase the buffers incrementally starting from the lowest point up to the point when you notice glitches and pops.

---------------------------------------------------------

If that is a no go then the second idea is:

Remove ASIO completely. You can always install it back later. Please install the factory driver that came with your microphone. If it is an ASIO driver then DO NOT install it. Instead, run Windows Updates or re-scan with Windows Device Manager and accept the one that Microsoft gives you. Also, search for, and install the latest Microsoft DirectX driver. Next, you may have to go into the Windows Control Panel's audio settings and either set or reaffirm the audio device you wish to use as the default audio device. Now in FL Edison, check its audio settings and make sure it agrees with the Windows Control Panel Default audio settings. Finally, plug the USB mic into a different port and then try what you are doing with the Microsoft audio driver for your microphone and then with the DirectX or other compatible audio drivers you might notice. What happens?

6. 630386
    Unknown User : Wed 2nd Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

Oh, one more thing! Make sure when you are editing in FL Edison that FL Studio is closed because they both could be competing for the same resources.

7. 4076242

dont have to do that in fruity loops joe with many mics including usb

8. 4076242

ment i dont have to do any of that in fl even with china usb mic

9. 4076242

and it dont clip

10. 4076242

i could be wrong but when i listened to the file his mic was fine till he started raising his voice up a levle then it cliped

11. 1552300
    bitronix : Thu 3rd Dec 2020 : 1 month ago

Thanks for the answers! I finally found the culprit.

Apparently, USB Mics don't like being plugged in to extensions/hubs or any other stuff. They need to be directly plugged in to my laptop/pc somehow lmao

Sorry for the disturbance! I really appreciate the time you took to answer my query!

Posts 1 - 11 of 11

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums