If My Loops Have Been Used By Any Artists

Posts 1 - 12 of 12
  1. 2740005
    Krissing : Thu 19th Nov 2020 : 2 weeks ago

I have been wondering where my loops have been used, maybe theres a track out there with millions of plays where my loop has been used, but i dont know.

Thats why i wanted to know if there is any way to reverse search my loop to find results where the loop has been used or, maybe if any of you could have a listen to my loops and maybe recognize it from somewhere?

By now i have over 18.500 downloads on all my loops together, which is way more than i thought i'd get.

2. 1547231
    Lek : Thu 19th Nov 2020 : 2 weeks ago

Hi. I don’t know if it is possible to do what you want to do. Which is why a lot of tracks use samples without getting clearance and mostly get away with it unless they get really popular (i.e. make a lot of money) at which point the originator starts trying to get some of that money for themselves which is obviously fair enough.

As for your large number of downloads. There are going to be lots of downloads where someone thinks I can make something good with that and then they can’t so they go unused but I have suspected for a long time that some users are downloading loops to sell on. I believe this site was changed at some point to limit downloads per hour or whatever it was to try to stop that sort of thing.

I would’ve thought most people who use a loop will post a link to their track for publicity if nothing else.

3. 2978374
    AfricanOutkast : Thu 19th Nov 2020 : 2 weeks ago

reverse search a loop just shazam your loops if it was used it will pop up on shazam

4. 1547231
    Lek : Thu 19th Nov 2020 : 2 weeks ago

I don’t think that would work if the loop is layered with other instruments. If it does though that would be pretty impressive

5. 1690291
    Inocence : Thu 19th Nov 2020 : 2 weeks ago

its a real shame sometimes

6. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Fri 20th Nov 2020 : 1 week ago

Every loop uploaded to this site is royalty-free for public use. Get enough loop downloads and users will start to recognize them and sometimes make call-outs. Had that happen on a few of my loops!

7. 2740005
    Krissing : Fri 20th Nov 2020 : 1 week ago

Thanks for All The answers :)

8. 1245534
    VirginiaSlimm : Mon 23rd Nov 2020 : 1 week ago

I stopped posting loops and passing out sample packs at events because of this. Crystal Method used one of my loops (not posted here) and I got ...exactly zero $. They have mansions, etc.
    I only post tracks and remix materials from finished works. This way they are protected works, and the elements that make up the registered work are part of a previously released protected work.
    Brado Sans is right, and it feels good to be artistically vindicated, but callouts don't pay the bills :D
    Mostly my loop and stem materials don't get used in mainstream mixes now, but I'm happy that I don't contribute to greedy chumps anymore. Unfortunately "big" music is very predatory on "small" music. I highly suggest putting any simple lyric or registering an instrumental as a song with bmi etc.
    That way if it gets stolen and pops off, you can get a lawyer pro bono to represent you and get some compensation for your contributions.
    Music business law is pretty messed up! :D

9. 760420
    DirtyDeeds0867 : Mon 23rd Nov 2020 : 1 week ago

Yeah there should be a way to track where your loops have been used.

10. 760420
    DirtyDeeds0867 : Mon 23rd Nov 2020 : 1 week ago

How do you search shazam to see if your loops have been used? Not like they are gonna keep same name or whatever

11. 749324
    RoseErin : Thu 26th Nov 2020 : 1 week ago

Ive used lioops from here myself but I try to only download royalty free stuff and edit it to the point of least recognizability- I wanna try to make music without relying too much on premade things anyway- I edit all my samples in some way. but not everyone can or will do that. also since I use loops here I dump loops here to from time to time with the understanding that itll be used thats just how I think if its not in a store its kinda hard to expect money from it realistically speaking people wont remember whats good and what isnt for monetization. so if you want money from your loops instead of posting here put the packs on bandcamp; that way ya have a paywall atleast.

12. 760420
    DirtyDeeds0867 : Thu 26th Nov 2020 : 1 week ago

If I ever use a loop, I never use it in it's original form.

Posts 1 - 12 of 12

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums