Help - Looking For This Loop - Stuck In My Head

Posts 1 - 13 of 13
  1. 3271774
    jaurieh : Fri 23rd Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

A user unknown to me uploaded a loop to this website that I used in a song after the 12th september 2019. I've tried my best to filter out the vocals, I was wondering if anyone knew the link to this particular loop?

Here's what it sounds like: https://sndup.net/78gk

Any help is appreciated. Thank you so much community.

2. 3271774
    jaurieh : Fri 23rd Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

I've also tried looking through my download history both on looperman and my browser, and spent the last 3 hours searching for it to no avail.

3. 1547231
    Lek : Fri 23rd Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Doesn’t your DAW hold information of the file in the track? It should have the filename. You can use the filename to trace the user and the loop from that

4. 3271774
    jaurieh : Sat 24th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Lek, I only have access to the export, not the project file itself.

Thanks, hxollis

5. 1547231
    Lek : Sat 24th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Oh it’s not your track. Why can’t the producer tell you?

6. 3271774
    jaurieh : Sun 25th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Lek, it is my track that I produced myself, but I only exported it to wav instead of saving the project file itself. I don't have access to the flp.

Thanks, hxollis

7. 1547231
    Lek : Sun 25th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Does this mean you don’t have a DAW? You should always keep your project file anyway as a matter of course. I never delete mine no matter how old. You never know when you might go back to it to remaster or do a remix (or to look up a track filename in your case)

8. 2259377
    skybxrn : Sun 25th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

if you have autosave on, your daw would of saved a copy of the project file somewhere

9. 3271774
    jaurieh : Mon 26th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

skybxrn, My most historic backup is significantly after I made the track. Similarly, I don't have the samples used saved to my hard drive; surely the project would have missing files?

Thanks, hxollis

10. 1547231
    Lek : Mon 26th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

In that case though, then even if the samples are missing you should still have the original filename even if the file doesn't exist anymore. I don't know what DAW you use as you haven't said, but in Reaper if a WAV or mp3 is imported, the default name for the track is the filename and even if it isn't if you look at the track info/settings it should tell you what the original filename was. And if it doesn't, then I recommend switching to one that does (like Reaper :))

11. 3271774
    jaurieh : Tue 27th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Lek, I use FL Studio 20. I've also realised I've upgraded my PC since I made the track at the beginning of the year, so my old hard drive is most likely destroyed in a scrapheap. I am running out of ideas here!

Thanks, hxollis

12. 1041668
    wikkid : Tue 27th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Hi,

Unfortunately you may have to block out some time and go through the archive of loops on this site. If you made the song after Sept 2019, then that's you're starting point (Search that month and prior).

Or you can keep bumping this thread to the top, because some Looperman members don't frequent the forums as often, so you'll have to be patient enough to see if anyone (even the loop creator) sees this post.

It took me a week to find a loop I needed to re-download, so it is time consuming.

I wish you all the best.

13. 3271774
    jaurieh : Thu 29th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

wikkid, thank you. I will continue my search. I'm glad however that you found your loop! Thanks for the advice. My fear is that it's been pulled from looperman, but let's just hope its still up there.

Thanks, hxollis

Posts 1 - 13 of 13

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums