A Dose Of Reality

Posts 1 - 8 of 8
  1. 1405593
    Nubes : Fri 23rd Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

I like this site because it's useful when I'm in a creative slump. The samples and loops are inspiring and save a lot of beats for me.

That being said, I think the users on here waste a lot of time and potential by making posts about groups and teams. I would love to think that there are users on here who take great pride in what they do and would only join a collaboration if they truly have skills that would add to a song. However, I see lot's of posts for people wanting to collaborate yet they have little to no fanbase and sometimes they don't have any type of social media.

If you're trying to collaborate you should be contributing in some constructive way. Let's stop with these "looking for a producer team" posts and lets make some music that will actually attract more people to this site. I'm not trying to be negative, I just want to see us all succeed and not waste each other's time. If you have some passion and play an instrument hit me up and let's try and collab, but let's make sure that we're actually helping each other succeed, in some way. If you have 10 followers and have made music for less than a year, I highly recommend you hold off on trying to collaborate. Build a fanbase, get your musical chops up, learn more about the art form. I'm not even speaking from the perspective of someone with thousands of followers, but after working on music for as long as I have I realized that time is precious and we need to use it as productively as possible.

If you have instagram follow me @nubesbeats and I'll follow you back.

2. 308224
    theHumps : Sun 25th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Welcome to the world of electronic music producers. People have been complaining about these posts for a few years now and nothing has been done about it. planetjazzbass and others have posted several times about this. All it does is drive people away from this site and it gives the site a bad look.

Making contacts and working with other like minded people in person is hugely important in the music biz. It not only exposes your talents to others but it builds relationships which is, to me, what being a musician is all about. Sitting in your bedroom at any age, in your parents house(probably) hoping that a collective with a bunch of unknown, unseen "producers" is not a career move. Get out and meet real people, in person and learn how to deal with living, breathing humans. And you'll grow as a person.

The posts that beg for help with a collective group should all be put in one thread called "Help Wanted". That would clean up the forums and maybe get back some lost loopers. Is that too difficult to get done?

3. 841435
    ValveDriver : Sun 25th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Apparently, yes.

4. 1405593
    Nubes : Mon 26th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

The sad part is I know the Looperman admin/mod is aware of this, as he has done a few updates and posts here and there. He must have seen them at some point. I guess it's either willful ignorance or just a matter of not caring about it. It's a free site though so there's not much I can complain about.

5. 1547231
    Lek : Mon 26th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

The problems with the collaboration forum topic are

1) It is not a forum topic. Where is the discussion in "I want to form a collective, contact me on instagram"?

2) Because they form 95% of the posts on here, valid "proper" forum topics are drowned out by the crap.

3) They are used by a lot of people just to self promote their stuff. There are some people on here who just periodically log on just to post a link to their stuff on multiple collaboration forum posts with probably no intention of actually collaborating.

I really don't see how it is difficult to just move collaborations out to a separate section or even better be a separate subdomain of the website.

Personally, I can't be bothered anymore to raise forum topics as they just get drowned out with the collaboration requests.

6. 1405593
    Nubes : Tue 27th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

I totally see why you would be discouraged to start new topics, I hardly look at the forum section because of the lack of substantial discussions. It's a shame really, because this place could be better than r/musicproduction on reddit if we didn't have this problem. At least it's nice to know that there are others who understand how annoying this is.

7. 1547231
    Lek : Wed 28th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Unfortunately though it looks like a lot of the “others” you mention have already left.

8. 1245534
    VirginiaSlimm : Fri 30th Oct 2020 : 1 month ago

Drive by collectives are the norm... I see your gripe and raise you one gripe.
    I think people get frustrated with the amount of work involved in making high quality music and look for a silver bullet solution.
    Oh well.
    I say... get an ergonomic mouse and a nice chair. Music takes time :D

Posts 1 - 8 of 8

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums