Looking For Producers To Sample Tribal Music

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 4000521
    igme : Tue 29th Sep 2020 : 4 weeks ago

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there are any producers who would want to challenge themselves by producing rnb / hiphop tracks that sort of sample tribal music? I think it would be interesting to write a song and sing on top of such a mixture of both modern elements and elements from traditional music that's been existing for ages. Hopefully someone's interested.

Example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdF90pbY8jQ

Hit me up on kingofmeereen @ gmail.com if interested.

2. 1041668
    wikkid : Tue 29th Sep 2020 : 4 weeks ago

Hi,

Respectfully, could you define "sort of sampling?"

In the free loops section of this site, there are any number of creations that may fit the bill of what you're looking for. Many are inspired by ethnic sounds and can be updated or incorporated for trap, RnB and other genres.

Using the search feature will give you a bounty of choices.

Outright sampling music that could be sacred for one culture to produce modern music in any current genre could open a producer and an artist up to lawsuits and public scorn in this day an age, especially if the artist can't claim lineage in that minority culture. Better to do something original imho, like being inspired by tribal or indigenous music and not take from an original source.

But to your point, there are hit songs from artists (Paul Simon, Peter Gabriel come to mind) which produced a successful hybrid of sounds. But each of them publicly admitted where their inspiration came from and also invited artists from the cultures they admired to perform with them (on the record and live).

I wish you all the best with this.

3. 4000521
    igme : Wed 30th Sep 2020 : 3 weeks ago

Yeah, sorry if I don't mean to outright copy the music but yes I can claim lineage to that culture.

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.