Starting A Studio

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 2481117
    Noamk : Sat 22nd Aug 2020 : 1 year ago

Hello to anyone reading this.
    I am about to build a studio in my room, however, I am not sure what equipment to pick.

Description of room: No sound isolation, a wood wardrobe and wood door (if it matters) and its medium sized.

Below are the MAX budgets for each piece of equipment I want to get:

Microphone - 150 USD
    Soundcard - 200 USD
    Monitors - 500 USD

Please help me, thank you

2. 1553231
    randyrandomson : Sun 23rd Aug 2020 : 1 year ago

I have a Samson Meteor Mic that I got years ago, still in good condition. That's gonna cost you around $70. Alternatively the Blue Yeti is a common choice albeit around $160 on the low end.

3. 1962250
    eggs0ntoast : Mon 24th Aug 2020 : 1 year ago

hi i found when i went to get monitors that the krk rokit series is quite good and the found the pricing reasonable so i got a set of rokit 4's for around 600 australian dollars and although i wanted the more expensive 5 inch monitor setup these ones have satisfied my need quite well for my first set of monitors, i run them alongside a AVE 600w 12 inch sub which was more expensive than the pair of monitors but not by much. also a good set of headphones for a secondary reference could be something for the list, entry level studio quality ones like my AVG ones are around 450 australian, i think most soundcards as standard in todays machines are capable of the 32bit processing at 48000khz and enough to get you by easily check your DAW highest output setting against your sound card spec could be indication of need to up grade or not, anyway enjoy your setup no matter what it is man is the most important

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.