Feedback Please

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 1765213
    Jadahayes : Fri 14th Aug 2020 : 1 month ago

Hi i am experimenting with writing over genres I am not used to this year I would love to hear some opinions. (Production and mixing wise is not necessary I don't claim to be a producer haha I want to songwrite lyrics and melodies toplines etc)

I appreciate you giving it a listen.

#######

2. 1041668
    wikkid : Fri 14th Aug 2020 : 1 month ago

Hi,

My suggestion would be to upload your song(s) to Looperman for feedback.
    Here are some of the reasons why:

1) Loop creators are getting spammed by some people using Soundcloud links (and Youtube) to promote their songs, since many aren't using Looperman Loops, they just want to views. So some people are hesitant to click on a Soundcloud link.

2) Looperman has a great track forum for constructive opinions. But you have to give to get. In other words, listen to others music, comment, and they will do the same for you.

3) Be sure to list your song as FEATURED in order for it to be seen and commented on. Please do this when you upload it, as this is an important step.

4) Only one song can be featured at a time. So while you can upload several, only one can be a featured track. If you click feature for all of them, it will strain the goodwill on the site, because there's an honor system on here. One featured track at a time.

5) Last, Welcome to Looperman! I'd click "no downloads" when uploading a track. You can always change it later, but retaining creative control (especially if you still polishing the song) can be done my clicking "no downloads" when you first upload it. Be sure to click that you want comments on the track.

I wish you all the best.

3. 1547231
    Lek : Fri 14th Aug 2020 : 1 month ago

Hi I would echo what @wikkid has said pretty much. A lot of the guys on here generally do not click SoundCloud links (myself included).

Having said that, as a one off I had a quick listen to this track. I'll start with the negatives and then move onto the positives...

As you admit, mix/master wise this needs a bit of work. I think there are also issues with the levels, the issue that struck me straightaway is the vocal track which needs to stand out a lot more than it does at the moment. It seems a bit buried in the mix. I would personally also work on doing something with the chorus to bring it out a bit more and distinguish it a bit from the rest of the vocal. But again, this may be all personal opinion/taste.

A lot of this will be subjective but I personally would have the drum track louder. Also, did you make a conscious effort to try and make everything to be almost the same volume level or is that just a coincidence or just my ears lol. This could well be just related to the mixing/mastering though so I would sort that out first then go from there.

On a positive note though, with some of these issues addressed this could be a fairly decent track so don't give up with it. I see that you say you have used quite a few loops from here for this track and they fit together quite well so you've obviously got an ear for what goes well together.

Good luck with your EP!

4. 1765213
    Jadahayes : Fri 14th Aug 2020 : 1 month ago

Cheers guys, I understand completely I posted the soundcloud link becaus eit would be nice to get a few listens on there from people who were not just trying to sell me a million followers haha.

I'll upload here instead.

I did try to keep it at a reasonable volume level
    I don't really want to sing i want to write for singers so maybe that is why i have kept my vocals low in the mix.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.