What Software You Recommend For Low-cost Laptops

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 3232734
    solodan16 : Sat 1st Aug 2020 : 5 days ago

Hi everyone,

I'd like you to recommend a software where I can make music properly in a low-cost laptop 'cause my other one was robbed last year.

2. 1074070
    DJSLTUK : Sat 1st Aug 2020 : 5 days ago

Fruity Loops Studio .. fairly easy to use and very popular and most of all theres a free version or you pay a little for more options...in saying that..a DAW is only as good as the CPU and Soundcard installed ... Personally i would suggest start setting up a base desktop where you can install Decent Soundblaster card and as much CPU as the computer can take...the issue with laptops are even in todays tech...theres only so much you can do with a laptop...i use one if touring or travelling purely so i can create but transfer everything back too base/home desktop...personal preference..but i would suggest build a desktop first with the basic DAW...either FL Studio or even maybe try StudioOne as they have some unique features.. but at some point if you are serious about making quality sound..then a laptop be it MAC/PC isnt going to be ideal...there again theres kids making songs on garageband on there phones so what would i know:)

3. 1547231
    Lek : Sat 1st Aug 2020 : 5 days ago

A lot depends on what plugins you are going to use. I use Reaper which is pretty light on CPU. If you are only using loops you might get by with what you have. I can have up to 20 or 30 plugins running on a song at the same time. And I had to buy a high end PC to cope. You can just bounce down instances as you go but then that makes tweaking difficult. For starting out you will probably be ok for a while but you will probably find you quickly hit the limits and will need to upgrade.

4. 4262442
    krotan : Sun 2nd Aug 2020 : 4 days ago

Trackers can be used, although this is not the mainstream here. I write all my compositions in the tracker. I prefer SchizmTracker, but there are many others.

5. 817229
    MeanBoy : Sun 2nd Aug 2020 : 4 days ago

Fl studio is a good starting point.

6. 1547231
  7. 1074070
    DJSLTUK : Sun 2nd Aug 2020 : 4 days ago

That explains why im slowly getting to grips with my new StudioOne5 .... i think its the best Daw period...just have to wave goodbye to fruityloops....and its so so hard (emotional music please here) ...its ok the transition is a slow one

8. 4262442
    krotan : Mon 3rd Aug 2020 : 3 days ago

As for DAW, REAPER by Cockos has very low system requirements ...

9. 1547231
    Lek : Mon 3rd Aug 2020 : 3 days ago

Yeah and it’s pretty cheap compared to a lot of DAWs and really easy to use as well. The only complaint I have with it is it needs some synth VSTs. Other than that though I’m really happy with it.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads