Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

M-Audio Session KeyStudio 2007

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 102742
    Twanna1 : Fri 24th Jul 2020 : 8 months ago

Does anyone know how to reconnect loops to a composition where the path has been changed?
    Thank you

2. 102742
    Twanna1 : Fri 24th Jul 2020 : 8 months ago

My computer crashed and I had my data restored but the path that created the compositions in have been changed and now all I see in the compositions are lines where the wave display used to be.

3. 630386
    Unknown User : Fri 24th Jul 2020 : 8 months ago

Hi Twanna, long time no speak with. First, sorry for your loss. I offer most but if not all bad news for you with a very small glimmer of hope though. I am not sure if you are using the Apple or Windows. First, I am pretty sure that you know the KeyStudio 2007 has been discontinued but was a really great system when it worked.

On the Apple OS, the path location would have been kept in or near the KeyStudio 2007 program folder location. Furthermore, it would be labeled with an obscure name. Data within that folder would have contained some indecipherable or otherwise useless information to you. Only cloning your crashed drive would have offered much better hope but still no absolute guarantees. It's a 50-50 prospect to get things going from cloning. Some crashed drives can be cloned under certain conditions.

On Windows PCs, what you need would be buried in a cryptic key in the Windows Registry. Navigating the Windows Registry from a backed-up restored data drive is a daunting task to say the least. I use to specialize in data recovery many years ago and this task was not easy.

My only advice to you goes as follows: Where you see lines where the WAV file is in your compositions, look at that area closely and see if there is a file name on it. If not, right-click on it to engage the properties information on it. Write down the file names, if any, of all the WAV imports that show lines were the WAV display should be in your composition. Next, try to search for those WAV file names on the recovered backup data. Write down the new location of the WAV files found on a piece of paper. Now try to reimport the appropriate WAV back into each of your compositions. You might have to physically copy them by drag and drop. This is gonna take some time and this may not work but it is worth a try.

Twanna FYI, I am not a KeyStudio 2007 expert, I am just relying mostly upon my previous experience as a former data recovery expert. I hope all is well in Sacramento.

Good Luck!
    Joe

4. 102742
    Twanna1 : Sat 25th Jul 2020 : 8 months ago

Thank you soooooo much Joe for taking time out of you day to assist me. Your efforts are GREATLY appreciated.

So, if I take the associated composition loops and put them in the MAudio. Session Composition folder, that may work? The reason I am asking is that when I generate a song, I store the imported loops into a Windows Explorer folder which has the name of the song I am creating. When my data was restored, they restored the folder hierarchy in a subfolder with a different name. I unfortunately created the folders in the root directory, which the people who restored my data expressed I should not do and I do not have the "exact" name of what my original drive was called.

5. 102742
    Twanna1 : Sat 25th Jul 2020 : 8 months ago

Oh... and yes ..I am aware Session KeyStudio is discontinued. I was hoping there was someone such as myself who is still using it and possibly had the same experience as myself.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums