RIP Florian Schneider Of Kraftwerk

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Tue 14th Jul 2020 : 1 month ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4hGaV5BA2M
    Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk, one of the co-founding members of Kraftwerk has passed away a couple of months ago due to a long hard battle with Cancer. He was 73. Florian Schneider passed away during a time when many countries were reaching their peak during the COVID-19 pandemic and while most medical resources were being given to the covid infected. So this is why I say R.I.P. to Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk at this time, slow news. He did not have COVID-19.

Kraftwerk was brilliant. They were a band far ahead of their time. What they did were things never seen at a concert or heard on the radio. They had lots of electronic gear and devices that were repurposed into musical instruments. Much of their early electronic instrument hardware were things they custom-built and put together to make rhythms and sounds. Today we have Apple and Windows digital audio workstations, and they did not. All too often we take for granted the relative ease of music production we have now. As time moved forward they would eventually adopt computers into their performances but the computers they had were still quite primitive by today's standards, and no DAW's then.

Florian Schneider sang and played the synthesizer, electric flute, electric guitar, and violin. Being the genius he was he applied all of what he knew musically into the band. Kraftwerk is unarguably the greatest electronic music band of all time, they pioneered electronic music when it was just a novel idea and that seemed not ready for the mainstream, or so it may sounded like back in the 1970s. It was also during a time when disco music was surging to the top of the music charts along with the 70s rock ballad as well.

RIP Florian Schneider of Kraftwerk, you left your huge legacy on all electronic music that is played, made, and heard today. And thank you for that!
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-52564281

What is your favorite Kraftwerk song?

2. 1547231
    Lek : Tue 14th Jul 2020 : 1 month ago

I don't really have a favourite track of theirs, I have a favourite album though - Trans Europe Express. Classic band from back in the days when you really needed to hear the entire album rather than just select tracks. I don't know how they'd do now that concept albums are pretty much a thing of the past.

Yeah you could say that certainly by the mid 80's they had fallen behind their contemporaries but to be pioneers of electronic (or indeed any genre of) music for about a decade takes some doing and I'm pretty sure will never be equalled.

3. 174317
    smallpaul : Tue 14th Jul 2020 : 1 month ago

True electronic pioneers! Showroom dummies was one of the first vinyls I ever bought. Probably still my favorite to this day. Who can forget the scene from breakdance?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn1ALS3mZEs

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.