See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

How To INSTANYLY Improve Your Beatmaking

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 3319694
    FalconXBeats : Thu 4th Jun 2020 : 1 year ago

I have a tip that will automatically make most of you better beat makers. This does not apply to everyone. For those of you still reading this, learn to TUNE YOUR 808s!! I can not stress this enough! You may think you know how to, but about 90% of the people that make stuff with my loops have no clue about tuning the 808s and they are always off tune. (It sounds HORRIBLE and can often times ruin the beat without you even knowing.)

The easiest way to tune them is to bring the 808 up a couple octaves to make it easier to hear the higher pitch and see if its on tune. (Bring it back down when your finished, of course.) If you do this but are still confused about how to tune them, go to youtube and look up some tutorials on how to do it and it will probably make you a lot better.

2. 3403798
    SliMusic : Thu 4th Jun 2020 : 1 year ago

Cant even believe this is an issue lol, 808 (the kick/bass) since its first appearance in the early 1980s was always considered a musical instrument and have to be tuned. People that don't tune 808s are the lowest of the low in my book.

3. 1245534
    VirginiaSlimm : Thu 4th Jun 2020 : 1 year ago

So true... Lot's of electronic percussion can be tuned as well.
    PS.... tune your acoustic drums too by emphasizing correct note through eq. Most live drummers don't know they need to tune their drums before recording.

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums