See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Raven Software Hardware Looks Like The Future Of Mixing

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 308224
    theHumps : Wed 13th May 2020 : 1 year ago

Not sure if Raven technologies have been brought up in the forums but I ran upon this video on you tube and had to share it. This hardware/software device takes your DAW and allows you to touch the screen and interact with the controls in your DAW.

It looks to me that this could be the way we mix soon and it looks way more fun than using a mouse or touch pad. It seems like it is giving you the experience of actually using a mixing board and components in an actual studio but in a digital touchscreen format. Seems to be set up to work with most DAWS.

Check it out, here is the Ableton demo vid using Raven:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I04LXUNNrpY

2. 2463217
    JohnsonQ : Wed 13th May 2020 : 1 year ago

I love it, bit pricey but this is definitely getting added to my shopping list.

3. 1547231
    Lek : Wed 13th May 2020 : 1 year ago

This isn't new tech I believe, it's been around for quite a few years. I don't know what the uptake has been on it generally so far. For me, though it's pretty neat, I'd only buy it if I came into a lot of money. For the price, there's plenty of other stuff which would come ahead of this in the queue.

4. 308224
    theHumps : Fri 15th May 2020 : 1 year ago

Obviously it isn't new tech, i think he said vol. 3 so I assume it's been out and may have many of it's bugs worked out by now. I think the price is reasonable for what you are getting.

After a couple hours working with a mouse my wrist and hand start to hurt from being in the same position. As much as I like the functionality of apple's magic mouse, it certainly wasn't built with ergonomics in mind, probably the worst designed mouse out there. I see this as using my arms, hands and whole body getting into mixing using one of these. I love the interaction with it, like using outboard gear. Plus the console commands it offers is a step beyond what you get from "in the box" mixing. I like it and wouldn't mind trying one out!

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums