See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Say Goodbye To Joe Funktastic Loops Only Due To Spammers

Posts 1 - 25 of 31
  1. 630386
    Unknown User : Wed 29th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

I got spammed 5 times by 4 different users in one day this past Tuesday. So I hereby announce that I am taking down all of my loops this upcoming weekend. This was the last straw. I would like to thank all of my Loopers for making me the #2 most downloaded loop producer on this site. I may have not uploaded as many as some others here but you still have made me your 2nd most valuable choice in downloaded loops. And maybe this is because I perform in more loop genres than anyone else here.

I have no way of fighting back these greedy spammers and that makes me angry, but I have reported them. These selfish wild hyenas have threatened my ability to deliver to you the loops you come to love and depend on from me. I do not support or approve of those spammers, so I will be deleting all of my loops this weekend, I do not take this problem lightly. But on the bright side, there are a lot more amazing loop providers here that do amazing loop work. I will not be leaving this site, but I will be deleting all of my loops this upcoming weekend. These spammers just piss me off for the last time! Once all of my loops are gone I just might switch over to collabs.

My recommendation to you is to search my loops for what you like because my deleting starts this upcoming weekend. These morons come here daily to abuse us and they get away with it but this should not be tolerated. They clearly know what they are doing. What a pity, I know. But I refuse to support spammers. That would be like supporting a criminal you do not know or just supporting criminals. I got some of my best comments from you guys recently on my loops. I really owe you my loopers a huge apology. I thought I should tell you this myself. Please boycott the spammers. Some of them are in my link. I am very sorry. I love this site but I hate the spammers. Thank you very much! We are losing the war against spammers.

Here is one example you should see: https://bit.ly/SpammersLM

Thank you!
    Joe

2. 3954717
    db4dub : Wed 29th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

A major shame, at least I found you before this happened and had already scoured everything. I assume the links had nothing to do with your loops hence why they were spam. You are both wise and vociferous which is a mix that makes you very helpful to people trying to learn. Not sure what kind of collab you want but count me in.

3. 1547231
    Lek : Wed 29th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

I assume from your replies to the comments on your loops that you don't know if those tracks actually used your loop, but it does actually say in the help section for loops...

"You should also take time to post a link to your track or project in the comments section for that loop."

Am I misunderstanding something here?

4. 3403798
    SliMusic : Wed 29th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

I feel you... nothing pisses me off more than getting an email about a loop comment and it has nothing to do with the loop... I decided back in Jan. that I would never upload unless I couldn’t find anything to do with the samples. This isnt a music promo website, so I don’t know why idiots treat it like it is.

@Lek you are only supposed to post a link to a track where you used the loop. That means whatever platform you use is fine, but if what you are commenting has nothing to do with said loop/forum post/track/acapella, it is considered spam.

5. 1547231
    Lek : Wed 29th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Yeah I get that, hence the first sentence in my reply. But the impression I got was that the track wasn't listened to, to know whether the loop was used or not. Apologies if it was and I misunderstood the original point.

If it was listened to and the track didn't contain the loop, then yeah I totally agree, that's spamming (and annoying!).

6. 671112

Dear Joe!

Your decision are acceptable...something happening in this site...in the last 2 weeks there has been such filth between 3 and 4 members that I haven't seen or heard it in my 8 years ... and the owner of the site is nowhere ...I think they blocked one finally ...it's a little different than yours, but the mood is uncomfortable ... if you can allow a site to lose one of its best, well it's pretty shameful ......hope to see you soon, at least in the track page...hopefully...headz up...
    Danke

7. 3954717
    db4dub : Wed 29th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

The person should say that they used it though in the comment because he cant be going to the spammers page then they win

8. 1231236
    joecramer : Wed 29th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Oh Joe ... mmmmm ... i am not sure what to say.
    In one way i get what you say and i understand that you at least a little pissed on what happend there.
    But on the other side i think you don't make things better that way.
    They only use the way the original idea of looperman and looper community where made for, for there reasons. But if you do like you say you dont fight them back, you only make things for good looper community user bader.
    So if you believe that you have to react to this fucking assholes you should think on ways to fight them and not for a way to run away from them.
    If you just get pissed because you got this lot of notifications without being part of any of what they post, then you should maybe just write under your loop something like

- If you used this loop in your work just send me a pm via looperman with a link to your work. You shouldn't post any under my loops cause i will not read that or react on it due to all the spammers -

Or something in that way :)

I know its up to you what you do, cause you are an adult man and wise and can do all you want for sure but think on all the new good guys and girls that need some free and special good loops. In a way it is like you say - there are assholes around and thats the reason i dont offer my free loops anymore to the community.
    Yeah i know them are your loops and you can do what you wanna do with them but you once give them to the community as free stuff to use it in a free way and now you take them back in a way like someone who wants to educate people in good behave .....
    dont get me wrong, i dont wanna tell you how you should do your things, but i feel like you lose the war when you not only stop the power of the free loops and also remove them ... being free means be strong and be better then the bad und ugly guys.
    For me it doesnt matter to much, cause i not often use loops at all. But i know that you make all the loops cause you where in love with the idea OF HELPING AND GIVE SOMETHING FREE TO THE PEOPLE. And now you change that and i am not sure that you will feel any better after you done that.

But ok, remove them and believe that you will feel better.
    For sure you will not
    Remove them and believe you change something.
    For sure you will not
    Remove them and believe that you will like yourself for a good move
    For sure you will not
    Remove them and just feel sad, thats all what will happend.
    And that means that the spammers won and you nothing else but lose all you like ..... that would make me sad man.

Never let an asshole dictate you your moves.

But dont mind all my writings to much, cause what ever you do it will not change any of my respect for you.

stay tuned
    stay strong
    joe

9. 375728
    Cybertooth : Thu 30th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

never been a fan of group punishment but given the circumstances it's understandable. Just make sure you keep an archive somewhere just in case you change your mind. Be an awful shame to lose so much work. Still, thanks for the warning. Hope things get better over there Joe.

10. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Thu 30th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Just take a short break Joe, it will help recharge the batteries. Take a step back for some time, you will see things differently once the heat settles

11. 1074070
    Unknown User : Thu 30th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

There will always be takers...alot of studios come here to help themselves to free loops and wont ever acknowledge the creator...this is a free loops website...so in all honesty you will not always get the respect or creator status once its posted. It goto me when i use to put loops up but refuse too now because of the exact same reasons.

Kindest Regards,
    DJ-SLT-UK

12. 1074070
    Unknown User : Thu 30th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Can always do what i do and stamp3id even loops.. lol

13. 920952
    zipbass : Thu 30th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

The comments section on the loops are not read by anyone except you. It's not like a youtube video where all viewers will read comments and upvote some.

So that can be an improvement to looperman website
    When you start "play" on a loop, you will see directly the comments section and with up/down vote on the com.

Or here my advice for you case ;
    Go make a >>personal

14. 920952
    zipbass : Thu 30th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

(bug with text symbol)

So I written ;
    Go make a personal website to sell your loop in diferents packs, don't put a high price or you will fight against warez/torrent.
    Open a youtube channel, to show how you work. by seeing your face, listening you talking ... People really intersted by you work will pay to get it. (not to expensive eh).(warning ; you have to get the right to use and sell sounds made by vsti used)
    And you will get real comments/link track under your youtube video. because these comments are more viewed and upvoted. and you can delete spam.
    That what I think.

For example (it's NOT a promo I don't know this guy and I don't care) I don't really know this website, but it looks REALLY COOL ; https://sellfy.com/p/e2dT/

15. 1041668
    wikkid : Fri 1st May 2020 : 1 year ago

Hi Joe,

Sorry to hear how spammers have affected you. I'd like to give you some business advice though, and that's you risk more by taking your loops down now. You've made a name for yourself on this site, and many people have downloaded your loops which have a digital upload date.

Once you take them down, theres nothing stopping a scammer from uploading your original loop (s) and pretending that its their creation fromthe get-go. I'm letting you know this because its worse than you think it is in every medium once you put up original work on the internet. I'm stating this as someone who works in several fields. This is an issue with artists, digital artists, video content producers and also indie writers.

Someone suggested taking some time out, and I'd like to second that. With everything happening in the world (like COVID-19) and how it affects one's emotional as well as physical health, stepping back to assess what we can change and what we must deal with is more crucial than ever.

I like this site, but I also recognize something could be going on with the owner that none of us are privvy to. But like most things, spammers are not eternal. The only thing we can control is how we deal with their antics.

Its your music, and you have every right to do with it as you wish. However you're usually such an upbeat looper, I'm thinking this was just the last straw in a long line of things going on. May God bless, whenever you choose to do.

16. 1463856
    laerisreal : Fri 1st May 2020 : 1 year ago

I am sorry to hear that Joe... just curious, when you say spammers, are you talking about self-adverisement and things of that nature?

Thanks for all you've done for the site,

Steven

17. 883656
    NoellaRose : Sat 2nd May 2020 : 1 year ago

I know this won't happen quickly, but I think we should have a "report spam" link with comments.

I hope you decide to stay AND the community can come together to fight spam. I will help, I love reporting spam, hehe. I'm usually "quiet" around here, but I'm here. :)

18. 630386
    Unknown User : Sat 2nd May 2020 : 1 year ago

Hey there Loopers and community! Mr. Funktastic here. Well, it appears I am a victim of my own stress as pointed out by someone in an email I received recently. I have been burning the candle at both ends but who hasn't these days. I am not blaming this all on COVID-19 either. Eight months ago I had Cancer, I had surgery, and my Cancer is in remission now. 5 months ago my brother died, still coping with that. A family member of mine has COVID-19. I am currently looking for employment. I might need to take up a collection pretty soon. :-) Spare Change anybody!

So when these spamming PreMadonnas hit the timing was bad. But, after binge-watching 5 seasons of shows on Netflix, lol, things fell back to their rightful place in Funkville, so sad but true. After receiving a message from the Admin here I learned that spamming happens quite often here and I was caught up in a peculiar circumstance here when that anomaly occurred. In hindsight, my stress could have lead me to a possible damaging and regrettable decision, so please accept my humble apology for that Looperman community, that was not my intention. Nearly 9 years of work almost got swept away. So why should you suffer because of a few knuckleheads as pointed out here? Yes, cooler heads always prevail. Okay, dropping some new chill loops today.

I am only found here on Looperman.com. I have no promotions or other sites. I am NOT looking for placements and I do not sell anything just so that you know. 100% Royalty-free has always been my tagline. I will be scaling back my output until I am employed, a brother has gotta eat you know, am I correct? I cannot eat these loops. So I will be uploading a few loops this weekend. I almost don't want to find a job during the lockdown with all of the dying going on. Y.O.L.O!

Cheers!

19. 1231236
    joecramer : Sat 2nd May 2020 : 1 year ago

@Joe - good to hear that you changed your mind. (i hoped that so much)
    All the best wishes from my side to you and your fam and sure also to all the people in trouble in this ugly period.
    Music is one of the best ways to make this world a better place and you did and it sounds like you will further, make a good job on that.
    So now this world has a chance to become a perfect place :)

stay tuned
    joe

20. 329240
    Vidmeister : Sat 2nd May 2020 : 1 year ago

It's awesome that you heard the voices of support for you and took some time. Yes, Spam reporting sounds to me like what should be an "easy" update to the site. Glad you're sticking around. Your versatility would be missed!

21. 776955
    Billydragon1 : Sun 3rd May 2020 : 1 year ago

Dear Joe,
    I am sorry to hear about your brothers loss and all the things that you have and are going through.The world is different now. A brother lifted me up with these wise words last week and i just wanted to share them with you.
    "Whoever is reading this don't be upset when people ostracize, reject you and talk behind your back. Don't focus on your haters focus on God alone because you have a gift in you that's going to change people's lives."

Lift your spirits up brother. "You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you. - Isaiah 26.3
    Blessings - B.

22. 1227528
    A69 : Tue 22nd Jun 2021 : 1 month ago

WOW! I took a year and a half break from music, I come back and try to credit you and MINOR2GO & you're gone due to jerks mucking it up for everyone. I will still credit you in my description but it is sad that I cannot link you the work. :( This is devastating, glad you decided to come back though, I NEED you man, sorry about the cancer, my mom just beat it her 2nd time, many deaths here also, my dad, my uncle, our dog, my brother got Covid, I feel your pain. Part of the reason I took the time off was cyber bullies accusing me of stealing Lil' Peep & Gucci Mane's work... which ironically is MINOR2GO's uncredited work that caused him to remove his account. Being accused of stealing from a thief is super ironic. I always credited ALL MY LOOPERFAM! Stay strong! Please never stop creating art! I appreciate you!

23. 1227528
    A69 : Tue 22nd Jun 2021 : 1 month ago

You will always have my support, -Bill Cowart of A69

24. 102056
    Dj4Real : Wed 23rd Jun 2021 : 1 month ago

Joe, brother I know exactly what you are talking about.. I have complained to Shan as well and it has not stopped.. I have considered removing my loops but would take me a lifetime to remove 2500+ loops.. Something has to be done soon.

25. 1801113
    TheDarkFlameMaster : Thu 24th Jun 2021 : 1 month ago

I guess this beautiful site is dying...

Posts 1 - 25 of 31

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums