See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

I Had A Horrible Injure At Work

Posts 1 - 16 of 16
  1. 713971
    HenryPascal : Thu 23rd Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

My friend, at 1 am i had a horrible injure.

The pinky of my right hand was pinched in the vice of the hacksaw. The tip of the finger became fleshy, uncovering and fracturing the top of the bone of the phalanx, the nail broke, and I was left with the piece of finger hanging.

Fortunately, I have not lost sensitivity or mobility, but it took liters of disinfectant and several stitches.

At the moment the pain I feel is a kind of burning, on a scale between 1 and 10 it stands at 4.5 / 5.

I am forced to keep my arm supported by a scarf tied around my neck.

This means that, most likely, I will no longer be able to make music for a long time ... on the other hand, all this text was also written with the left hand ... and it was not easy at all.

I would not wish this evil on even my worst enemy.

I want to cry...

2. 1074070
    Unknown User : Thu 23rd Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Great now i have no real feedback for my songs:(

I dont like your finger no more lol

Hey Henry i had an ear and finger chopped off so i understand what you are going thru...luckily they are both still attached and i have senses in both.

I expect you back here 9am July 11th fit and ready!!! lol

Take Care Henry

Regards,
    DJ-SLT-UK

3. 3403798
    SliMusic : Thu 23rd Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

This isn't good news. Praying that you heal quickly.

4. 713971
    HenryPascal : Fri 24th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Thank you guys.

Just this lines, i can't write with the only left hand.

5. 2643700
    BaoBou : Fri 24th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

That's really horrible Henry.

Not sure if this will be any comfort, but remember Rick Allen, the drummer of Def Leppard - he managed to keep playing music even with just one arm. Hell, Beethoven managed it while deaf!

What I mean is: keep the faith. If you have music inside, it will come out, and you'll find a way. All the best in your recovery!

6. 630386
    Unknown User : Fri 24th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Nicol, hey there man. Ouch, that sounds very painful. I thought people were told to stay home in France and were told not to work? I know, we all have to make a living and pay for our living expenses. As hard as you work on your musical production I know this will be really hard for you to just step away from it all. But I really hope you do just that and step away for while to recover. Put on some Mr. Funktastic music and amazingly your day will be a lot more happier! Lol!

Nicol, did you go to the hospital to get medical attention? Lots of healthy people who had similar accidents recently but fear going to the hospital now due to Covid-19. I hope you were not tired or sleepy my friend at the time of your accident because working at 1:00 am can be very hard on the body. I worked those hours when I was young. I drank coffee all night to stay alert but then I could not sleep during the day, what a vicious cycle that was. Well, I hope you get plenty of rest Nicol, sorry to hear about your injury. Get well, but do not rush things. Most of us will still be here when you get back here.

Nicol, Che Dio vi benedica!
    Joe

7. 713971
    HenryPascal : Fri 24th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

@Baobou: i got your message. I just wanted to tell you that we don't have to look at who's worse to feel better. Honor to the drummer of the DL who has found the strength to not give up. Also I will not give up. I hope you understand what kind of terrible sensations I have experienced in this situation. And that's why I seemed so desperate in the introductory message. It's enough to say that, as I never thought possible, I am re-evaluating the much neglected left hand, with which, by necessity, I am learning to write ... now it remains only to learn how to do .... other things ahahaha

@Prime Minister of Funk: hello Joe, first of all I really appreciate that you write my real name, but you always write it with the missing final vowel! Nicolò! hahaha

Of course, not being able to make music for a while is not the end of the world, also because, analyzing my injury better, it could have gone much worse, from that point of view I consider myself lucky enough in unfortunate circumstances! In Italy the situation on the lockdown is a bit complicated, in my case I have the authorization to go to work (signed by the prefect of my city) as "necessary worker operating in a company of strategic importance for the territory" but this authorization is only valid during my actual work shifts. As for the Covid-19 situation, I do not know what news comes to you country on how it is managed in Italy, but I can assure you, from direct experience, that it is managed in an excellent way. First of all, I did not lose consciousness, I did not fall asleep during the whole course of the treatment. I wore the mask, which by law must be used in all public places, especially hospitals. In the emergency room, all those present, patients, doctors and nurses, wore masks and protective gloves. The suspected cases of coronavirus are accepted, checked and possibly hospitalized in a specially equipped hospital facility, therefore they do not have access to the emergency room. The only time I closed my eyes (staying awake) was when they sewed up my finger ... I couldn't make it look not so much because it was splatter but because the more I looked at my finger the more I felt anger at the stupid way I got injured in.

That said, I have no doubt that you will be there when I'll back with a new song ... in the meantime, however, I will listen, when possible, to the new releases, commenting here and there.

Dio benedica anche te, caro amico mio.

8. 2179222
    valeredub : Fri 24th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

I don't know who you are but I feel truly sad for you, hope you cope through this well because I cringed all the way through reading this. This is such a horrible incident.

9. 851137
    crucethus : Fri 24th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Hey, suck it up princess, you have 9 other fingers!!!! ;-) JK, feel better Mate, that absolutely sucks, but on a brighter note, you left hand skills will improve.

10. 3810902
    Juliooliveira : Sat 25th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Wow, what a terrible thing. Getting hurt like that is bad enough and still having to go to the hospital on the days we're living, it shouldn't have been easy. I hope you recover soon Henry Pascal!

11. 713971
    HenryPascal : Sat 25th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

@crucethus: hello Crew Set House! I recognize the playful intention of the joke on the remaining 9 fingers, I probably would have written the same if it had happened to someone else, but I believe that from now on that joke will not make me laugh as before. And it's true, my left hand will become more skilled, but I would have preferred not to have to destroy the right one to make this happen.

@Twitchuwu and Julio Oliveira: thank you for supporting me in this sad moment. By now, I'm gradually taking back the functionality of my right hand, as enough as now I can write on the keyboard with both hands. But the damn pinky pinches pain every time I make a wrong move. I hope to have the patience needed to endure it.

12. 308224
    theHumps : Mon 27th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

lol @ cru!

That sucks. I am sorry about your accident. Hope you recover quickly.

I'm sure you will finger out how to do everything with your left hand that you did with your right. Heal fast!

Wayne

13. 713971
    HenryPascal : Mon 27th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

I had the first of a long series of dressings this morning. Unfortunately the stitches could not be removed, maybe in a week it can be done.

The bright side is that practically, unless I make wrong movements, I no longer have pain.

I don't have to keep my arm tied around my neck, but I have to keep my palm upwards, otherwise the stitched piece could swell.

Thanks for the words of comfort Wayne!

14. 851137
    crucethus : Mon 27th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Hey Mate, Glad to hear you are recovering well, don´t mind my NY, Irish sense of humor, were a people with a troubled past and so we have a dark sense of humor. The same thing happened to my Father when I was 13 years old, he spent a day in the hospital and lost the tip of his index finger, never fully gained all the sensation back but had full use of the finger, so I get what you're going through. So I will refrain from gratuitous humor like, If you need a hand, or I can´t quite put my finger on it types of jokes. Iḿ glad you are not in pain, recover quickly and stay safe!
    Steven

15. 713971
    HenryPascal : Tue 28th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

Try to understand, Steve. I didn't take offense at your joke, it just happened and I wasn't in the mood to laugh.

But now, after 5 days, which are still few, but given the comforting medical results, the mood is already different, so, yes, if I need a hand (or a finger), you can be sure that I will ask right to you! hahaha

16. 177447
    Unknown User : Thu 30th Apr 2020 : 1 year ago

awhh...poor little darling. How your feeling better.

Posts 1 - 16 of 16

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums