How Do Yall Handle Your Producer Collaborations

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 3060881
    zxdashxn : Mon 13th Apr 2020 : 3 months ago

I've been trying to collaborate with producers and I really don't think I understand how it works. Like, I'll send a loop, melody, or sometimes a full song and the other person just disappears afterward. I've had some successful collabs with vocal talent, but so far only a fraction of producer collabs have gone successfully. Which makes me think I'm doing something wrong. What is your process for a producer/producer collaboration? How can I ensure my collab is a success?

2. 3403798
    SliMusic : Mon 13th Apr 2020 : 3 months ago

I set up a google drive. That, MEGA, Mediafire, and Dropbox are perfect for collaborations. People tend to forget less when stuff is organized instead of you just sending emails back and forth. You also have to keep in mind that not everybody has the same schedule as you. Ask them about how often they able to work with you and that will show them how eager you are to collab with them.

Another possibility, though unfortunate, is that you might send a file and they will steal it. The first file you send should have something annoying in it so they can't just run off with it. Should not be a tag (easy to remove) but a drum sample or audio file that makes it sound crappy. They also could think that based off of that file, you are monkey juice, and not worth working with. Put your best foot forward, always. You don't know how many other producers came up through simple connections like that.

The only way to counter people leaving you on read is saying in your collab post "SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY". I'll also make a post about people to watch out for when collaborating so they don't rip you off, and we can list people that don't respond after saying they wanna collab with you there.

3. 3403798
    SliMusic : Mon 13th Apr 2020 : 3 months ago

So I just posted a forum to keep people honest and forgot about a rule that you cant share others personal info or call people out, so looperman removed it. And I will try not to make such a mistake again.

All I can say is: you just gotta be careful. People who list their social media info are more likely to dupe you.

4. 1074070
    DJSLTUK : Tue 14th Apr 2020 : 3 months ago

Dropbox to the persons email.

I also like them to have followed me on soundcloud or somewhere that i can see the persons previous works or maybe im already aware of their creations.

I dont just give out stems for crate diggers, thats exactly what looperman is for sharing free loops,acapellas and hits.

Also give the person a reason to want to collab with you rather than just grab and run.

Im currently running a remix event on Remember This song and so far everyone has been trustworthy and committed to showing their craft and in return i will post their mixes up and share 50/50 distribution on networks that i submit all remixes too. Yet they can also directly place their own buy now link on their mix, that way they potentially gain a little income for doing so.

But, in saying that makesure you have everything copyrighted prior to doing any collab with anyone but also offer for free to id3tag their finished song so you can check and makesure both parties are happy completely with the finished outcome.

Regards,
    DJ-SLT-UK

5. 1074070
    DJSLTUK : Tue 14th Apr 2020 : 3 months ago

Checkout https://soundcloud.com/dj-slt-uk

See how the 'Remember This Variations' is setup....everythings legit and when sharing stems,loops and acapellas create a small PDF info page explaining what you expect and also what you will do so that everyone is on the same page and understands that each producers remixes are copyrighted to them but the stems in there original format are not.

Regards,
    DJ-SLT-UK

6. 2819430
    MichaelMayo : Sun 24th May 2020 : 1 month ago

Zoom lol or face to face

7. 3103352
    rxslr : Thu 28th May 2020 : 1 month ago

really need to get to know each other and build a relationship. otherwise its a pain in the ass. look at all these collab groups, beatmakers spamming each other, thinkin a lik is support, not replying, no plans, whoeing, trendriders, omg

its not you

just be real and fair

if they just steal your stuff forget about it. you have to try and risk sometimes to figure out whith who you can work and build something

most ppl dont even reply or cnt even talk like a human beeing

huh

lets callab bro

hmu

check my sc

blah blah

a world full of bullshit

do not doubt yourself if you are honest and friendly and dont give that up

Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads