Low Quality Samples

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 3403798
    SliMusic : Thu 9th Apr 2020 : 1 month ago

Now don't get me wrong, I love this website and its community. There is so much talent here and its a great spot to create and give/get feedback. But the samples posted on this site since the beginning of March have been... lacking. Too many simple bell melodies and other plain af samples are being made. I swear I've heard the same UK piano drill melody being uploaded by three different people. There is only 3 or 4 people who I've seen upload consistent samples that can inspire me. This is solely from my perspective, but I haven't been able to make a single good beat off of looperman for a month. Its not beat block, since I can make my own beats from scratch just fine.

All I hope this post does is inspire people to make better samples. I'd hate to see this site get monotonous with people making the same sample every week. And feel free to disagree with me. I'm just one person, so tell me your thoughts about this.

2. 823910
    xXMagicDzXx : Fri 10th Apr 2020 : 1 month ago

I know what you are trying to say, but there was to many loops that was mixed/layered and most of them was going throw yes they sounded great but some find it hard and almost impossible to make beat from them since they were mixed (piano+vocal+...) here some examples:
    https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/192855/cataleya-piano-n-guitar-n-backing-vocals-100bpm-pop-bass-guitar-loop
    https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/208203/crazy-gunna-bells-120bpm-trap-bells-loop
    https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/208255/worldend-140-140bpm-trap-bells-loop
    So the admins start to make a clear statement that you need to fallow the guidelines and don't pre-layer/mix and started deleting any loop that are pre-layered/mixed after noticing the uploader and forced them to stick with simple loops ( some loops was fine but got deleted for no reason what so ever including my uploads wish made me mad and make me upload less and take no time making loops since it prob going to be deleted...) and yes some loops are soooo baaad no doubts "prob cuz they didn't make a sample and separate it then upload each instrument alone" This force will prob down the website popularity specially with this new "pending upload admin check" that take forever for your loop to be public, anyway that's my thoughts about this despite i didn't connect from the 29th Mar due to my sickens,again this is my opinion and i know nothing about music im just learning and sorry if this was so long to read :).

3. 3403798
    SliMusic : Fri 10th Apr 2020 : 1 month ago

No, that has nothing to do with mixing/layering samples. I'm someone who appreciates when people make good layered samples, as long as they don't suck. I'm not someone who will find one sound in a sample and not like the rest. What I'm talking about is samples being basic. The same minor chord progression every time. Some crappy pluck loop that is all over the place. A piano sample that sounds like i've heard it three times already in a song. All I'm asking is for people to try harder in making samples, don't just upload because it was wack and you couldn't do anything with it. Post some nice samples.

4. 3403798
    SliMusic : Fri 10th Apr 2020 : 1 month ago

Oh, and there are WAYY too many Pierre Bourne/Playboi Carti pad loops. Looperman should put a limit on how many times a certain word can be used to create a sample so we dont get too many type samples.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.