Talking Shit About Producers

Posts 1 - 15 of 15
  1. 2298815
    akabedhead : Wed 29th Jan 2020 : 3 weeks ago

since i started posting accapellas, i've had to deal with producers hitting me up.
    a few worked out and i've found really good artists that i still follow
    but a SIZABLE majority are negative, from minor annoyances to the reason i put my accapellas on non-commercial only these days
    ima basically vent about the worst ones on this thread
    if anyone else (even producers) want to add, feel free

2. 2298815

Im gonna start putting the wrong tempo for accapellas
    not switch (90 to 130) more like (90 to 93)
    because some producers were either born deaf, which congrats on making it this far.
    or cant be bothered to listening to the song after they paste my accapella on it
    Everyone understands basic tempo, you learn them with nursery rhymes
    anyone who sends tracks with fucked up tempo sync DOESNT DESERVE A REPLY

3. 2298815

i would give example but they dont deserve the soundcloud plays

4. 250551
    EyeWaz : Wed 29th Jan 2020 : 3 weeks ago

Lol I have similar problems with people who can't seem to grasp the tempo properly, I found that if you include a metronome at the beginning or your take it really helps them to sync it, but apparently some people can't even figure that part out rofl....

I don't diss producers though and I am certainly not against them learning their trade, but please...fucking learn before you try and go commercial with it, it only makes not only yourself look bad, but the artist you are trying to profit off of.

5. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Wed 29th Jan 2020 : 3 weeks ago

I could do this all day, talk shit about producers that is..Never in the history of music has there been an infestation of people that are so far removed from the basics of common musical ability, hardly any producers can play an instrument and so rely on sampling and theft to create their so called 'beats', but enough of that the main missing ingredient is plain garden variety courtesy, their rude self centred recidivists as a rule, I mean if you wear a hoodie and wear your hat on backwards why not go full circle and just tattoo on your forehead moron.

6. 2298815
    akabedhead : Thu 30th Jan 2020 : 3 weeks ago

shitty producer starter kit

- NameThatsAlreadyTaken.Prod
    - "lets make some heat"
    - Fl studio mobile
    - exactly (3) ian diorr beat tutorials watched
    - exactly (2) posts on instagram (not music related)
    - exactly (1) drum loop used across all songs
    - 2,000 spotify plays for 20$
    - "im down to collab. I have a [spam] type sound.
    Heres my soundcloud [spam] Dm me on instagram [spam] if you're down" (seriously, i hate that guy)

7. 2095164
    Mobitz : Thu 30th Jan 2020 : 3 weeks ago

The first loop I ever posted was in 7/4 time. It's my most popular by far with 2,000+ downloads. The description even says the feel alternates between 3/4 and 4/4, but that didn't stop anyone from slapping a 4/4 drum loop over it. Some of the links in the comments are wild.
    I've tried to collaborate with some people I met on here too by sending project files back and forth. I wrote some chords and a melody, he sent it back with a baseline. He had the chord progression AND the MIDI in the project file, but still somehow had the bass in the wrong key...
    Not knocking all amateur producers because everyone's gotta start somewhere. I've made my fair share of hot garbage, and I've worked with plenty of nice people who don't know jack about production but at least are looking to learn. The issue is when you don't know jack but are screaming "serious artists only no free beats join my audio engineer collective" across the forums.

8. 3208309
    Low15 : Thu 30th Jan 2020 : 3 weeks ago

Damn your shitty producer starter kit is on point haha

9. 3403798
    SpillageVillage : Fri 31st Jan 2020 : 3 weeks ago

I have never seen a more accurate starter kit

Honestly I don't get whats going through these peoples heads with the way they present themselves. If you're going to self promote, you're not supposed to copy and paste. People need to stop half-assing this stuff.

And I def. this the most - some kid comes across my loops, and replies the link to the track. It DISAPPOINTS me when I just hear my sample played - throughout the song - with no countermelodies - and a repetitive-ass drum loop - and they call their shit fire. its not.

Being a producer ain't supposed to be easy. And I know, I came from being a complete chump in Aug. 2019 to being decent now. But you cant expect to be able to make good music, if you don't understand what makes good music. Its that simple

10. 79105
    Centrist : Mon 3rd Feb 2020 : 3 weeks ago

I still have trouble with wrong tempo information. I love to work with acapellas, especially building music around them, but I'm by no means trained on picking up tempo by ear. I started with this site almost 11 years ago before I was 18. I was one of those shitty producers that you're talking about, but I was learning and the people on this site regardless of how awful my tracks came out were supportive and left creative feedback. I'm still not popular, and not looking for affirmation by how many downloads/likes/comments my tracks have, but I think what's even shittier is to take motivation to do something artistically and call people out on how bad they are on a site like this.

11. 2298815
    akabedhead : Tue 4th Feb 2020 : 3 weeks ago

@centrist
    You're making it seem like i'm trying to gate keep anyone who doesn't have a masters in music theory from trying out music.
    You don't need to have the ear of a concert pianist to know when something isn't synced up, it's not a pro move to notice that the drums you copy and pasted lag behind the accapella you copy and pasted.
    The people who do that didnt have enough "motivation to do something artistically" to actually listen to their song before spamming it

12. 79105
    Centrist : Tue 4th Feb 2020 : 3 weeks ago

I understand what you're saying. I'm not saying you're an elitist asshole, either. I just want everyone that has contributed to this thread to understand that honey is sweeter than vinegar. If you want those people to become better instead of making the loops/vocals/tracks etc you spent so much time working on to sound like a fart track, give constructive advice instead of gathering up and talking shit about these people publicly.

13. 841435
    ValveDriver : Tue 11th Feb 2020 : 1 week ago

@ centrist.

In theory, that is absolutely spot on. Offer free advice. Help each other out.
    However, in the mindset of this particular group of people, they don't take critique as constructive. They see it as an afront to their "fire". These guys' attitudes, generally speaking, is that they already know it all, they're the best that have ever hit, and they should be famous by next week, if not already.
    I, personally, am one of the type that likes to offer advice, suggestions, and different perspectives, but 99% of the responses I've received from these dudes, if any at all, were either excuses as to why they don't need to try what I've offered, or blatantly telling me they're not wrong.
    On the other hand, people in just about every other genre, have received critique the way it's meant to be. With gratitude. Even if they have no intention of following suggestions, they're respectful, and at least pretend they will, and still thank me...or whomever.
    So, after an X amount of attempts to help out, and our help, generally speaking, being rudely declined, we stopped giving a shit about honey for these dudes a long time ago.
    That's my perspective on it, anyhow.

Take care.
    V.

14. 2905856
    jahmaeleda : Tue 11th Feb 2020 : 1 week ago

Lol really enjoyed this thread. I was just ranting about the same shit lol. We also need the starter pack to include them praising Nick Mira and CashmoneyAP.

15. 2855007
    ParliamentRecords : Wed 12th Feb 2020 : 1 week ago

love the starter kit aha

Posts 1 - 15 of 15

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads