1. 3523034
    Ldex1 : Thu 9th Jan 2020 : 2 years ago

Hey
    I want to know how loud should be my raw vocals before mixing or mastering
    i read on some articles it should be around -3 or -6 db
    Thank you

2. 2298815
    akabedhead : Thu 9th Jan 2020 : 2 years ago

I think its really a case to case basis with the beat.

3. 1254970
    Verdiqo : Fri 10th Jan 2020 : 2 years ago

It really depends on what kind of music you work on, and in which genre really. Cause each genre has a different set of rules when it comes in using vocals.

4. 1231236
    joecramer : Sun 12th Jan 2020 : 2 years ago

I would say just so loud that you NEVER have clippings or stuff. Better a bit less then a bit to much.
    Everybody (including yourself) can work with that kind of wavs.
    Working with vocals is best when NOTHING had an effect on the recording you wanna work with ...

5. 571945
    RAFZTAR : Sun 12th Jan 2020 : 2 years ago

just about enough so that you have some room for adjustment, you dont want too high to avoid clipping.

Remember it doesnt have to be too loud, as if you using a software you can often place the same vocal sample on multiple tracks and that will boost the volume of vocals

6. 3624977
    harmonie : Thu 16th Jan 2020 : 2 years ago

RAFZTAR, That is a really interesting tip about boosting volume of the vocals!

what I'd do is, sing at the volume at which your voice sounds best and you feel the most comfortable? Adjust your distance from the mic so that the volume of your recording winds up in the middle (to middle-high) range. Then, technically, volumes can always be adjusted within the track / equalized...

7. 3624977
    harmonie : Thu 16th Jan 2020 : 2 years ago

I can't post an image here, but I hate working with the .wav files where the sound looks like a thin little line. I also hate working with the .wav files where the sound wave is filling up the whole space, maxed out...

a file where the sound wave is "medium sized" with some space at the top, and space at the bottom, is usually quite nice to work with.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.