For Those Of You Starting A Team Or A Collective

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 522916
    ConsciousEntitySound : Wed 6th Nov 2019 : 1 month ago

For some time now I have been seeing posts in the forum popping up regarding folks wanting to start a team. I started my own team via Looperman back in 2015 and feel compelled to point a couple things out.

Quite a few of the posts I have seen have advocated for their respective teams to function as a democracy. That is a good approach, but it's not a complete approach. As much as you'd like to function as a democracy, there needs to be a leader and/or leaders - and they need to be very ambitious. If there isn't at least one leader of the crew who follows through with everything they say and actually gets things done, then the whole concept of having a team is for naught. Somebody needs to be accountable for the team. The fact is, anybody can talk...but when it comes time to actually get things done, or to troubleshoot issues, or derive new directions/concepts/ideas for the team, or to put money into the team to do things like getting an official website built and hosted, hiring an artist to manage your team's branding or upgrading gear etc...that's usually when all the talking stops. There must be thorough organization, that's what a real team is. It should basically be treated like a business long before it can potentially start generating revenue, or you'll never arrive at that point.

So I guess I am speaking to the leaders here, those whom initiate the formation of their teams. As mentioned, my team and I have been collaborating since 2015 and these are just some of the insights to a functional, dedicated and focused crew.

A lot of you have immense talent and your hunch that gathering together with others like yourself would be a good thing to do is absolutely correct! Just remember, it requires a lot of energy and dedication on your part. Since you're ultimately the nuts and bolts of the team, don't expect your teammates to be able or even willing to take care of anything team maintenance related, that's going to be on you! You may have teammates step up from time to time who genuinely want to assist and help out, but when/if that happens consider it rare and not the precedent for all your other teammates or you may find your team quickly dissipating into oblivion.

Keep on grinding folks! Cheers!

-Team ILP https://www.teamilp.com/

2. 2944407
    BeatsByZane : Thu 7th Nov 2019 : 1 month ago

This is so true.

3. 3403798
    SpillageVillage : Wed 27th Nov 2019 : 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the info! I'll keep this in mind

4. 2968451
    thechockehold : Tue 3rd Dec 2019 : 1 week ago

Haha, just another advertising with obvious and useless quotes. You guys just get new fancy web site with zero visitors, right?:)

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.