Dance House EDM Trance Pop Producers

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 813174
    dreamchaser82 : Sun 13th Oct 2019 : 1 month ago

Every day, every loop seems to be trap?

Are these producers a dying breed now? :(

2. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Sun 13th Oct 2019 : 1 month ago

Mr. H! Well this phenomenon is effecting all genres. The very young music listener has always held influenced over musical trends with the support of theor corporate music overseers. Who could have predicted that country music and trap would sound how link up. Even diehard country music fans are fed up with trap as well.

This trend like all trends before it must run its course. Even the Gibson guitar company has seen a global slump in sales due to the proliferation and the easy availability of samplers and DAW's. Now, my newer House and EDM samples do not gain much interest these days when I put them out. So I would rather make loops for genres that are more grossly under-served like the Blues and Funk.

There has been an entire month which passed between when I posted a Blues loop and the one before it. Some of the other genres here do not see a loop posting for a month or more. So I am falling back to Funk, Blues, RnB, Jazz, and Soul for my future loop making. Not seeing much interest in my EDM loop making. This could be a good time for you to start making your own EDM loops and stop depending on others.

3. 1
    Looperman : Sun 13th Oct 2019 : 1 month ago

As Joe said, trends change.

There was a time when we saw nothing but Hip Hop Drum Loops, then came the endless supply of dubstep wobbles and these days were blinded by trap.

9 years ago this discussion took place

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/81168/do-we-actually-need-any-more-hip-hop-drum-loops

Google trends is a good way to track the popularity of things. The following compares hip hop, trap, dubstep and edm

http://bit.ly/genretrends

From that chart you'll see that EDM seems to be holding its own.

Should you want to see more EDM (or any other genre) style loops here make the change and upload some.

4. 813174
    dreamchaser82 : Sun 13th Oct 2019 : 1 month ago

I guess it's a good time to learn how to do it myself then, what's the best software for loop production would you say?

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.