Any Rappers Or Singers Who Do Hiphop Or Lofi

Posts 1 - 8 of 8
  1. 2297893
    MusicByZephyr : Wed 9th Oct 2019 : 1 week ago

Hey there,

If you're a rapper and/or singer who is interested in working on a collaboration with Hiphop or Lofi, feel free to contact me! Thanks.

2. 2615019
    damonb : Wed 9th Oct 2019 : 1 week ago

back in the day say early early 2000s like 2000 2001 ect even 90sas the first electronic band to make mtv with lofi green something used a drum mashine and a korg multi tracker was lofi but that is a sub genre of electronic as is the genre noise wich is like static record needal sounds mixed with drumstep ect all electronic seems as tho trap hip hop ect have adopted it and calling it theres but lofi gos back to probly befor the 90s but was big in the 90s in the electronic genre befor it was ever hiphop

3. 2615019

I cant remember the name in full but it was green something the guy made lofi electronic music out of his bedroom from massachusettes in like 90 91 befor the internet and made it on mtv top 20 today he is big in the electronic music industry movement in the incorps helping many electronic musicains

4. 2615019

I googled them once back in 2003 and learned this today I cant seem to find it any more any where on line

5. 2615019

I did however find this wich conferms what im saying Lo-fi (from low fidelity) is a music or production quality in which elements usually regarded as imperfections of a recording or performance are audible, sometimes as a deliberate aesthetic choice. The standards of sound quality (fidelity) and music production have evolved throughout the decades, meaning that some older examples of lo-fi may not have been originally recognized as such. Lo-fi began to be recognized as a style of popular music in the 1990s, when it became alternately referred to as DIY music.[1]
    Harmonic distortion and "analogue warmth" are sometimes misleadingly suggested as core features of lo-fi music.[2] Its aesthetic is actually defined by the inclusion of elements normally viewed as undesirable in professional contexts, such as misplayed notes, environmental interference, or phonographic imperfections (degraded audio signals, tape hiss, and so on). Pioneering, influential, or otherwise significant artists include the Beach Boys (Smiley Smile), R. Stevie Moore (often called "the godfather of home recording"), Paul McCartney (McCartney), Todd Rundgren, Jandek, Daniel Johnston, Guided by Voices, Sebadoh, Beck, Pavement, and Ariel Pink.
    Although "lo-fi" has been in the cultural lexicon for approximately as long as "high fidelity", WFMU DJ William Berger is usually credited with popularizing the term in 1986. At various points since the 1980s, "lo-fi" has been connoted with cassette culture, the DIY ethos of punk, indie rock, primitivism, outsider music, authenticity, slacker/Generation X stereotypes, and cultural nostalgia. The notion of "bedroom" musicians expanded following the rise of modern digital audio workstations, and in the late 2000s, lo-fi aesthetics served as the basis of the chillwave and hypnagogic pop music genres.

6. 2615019

there is more but you can look it up your self I do rember one court case where a lawerer for the music industry argued that if hiphop genres were not aloud too sample steal others hard work there would be no hiphop genres and music industry would loose out but now there stealing compleat genres with no respect of its roots

7. 2615019

lofi can be herd in many genres industrial genres indi geners loads genres use it but they don't call it lofi they don't have the right lofi is lofi its kinda like taking crap in front of your neighbors front door and wondering why they are not happy with you

8. 2615019

its so disrespectful to the art and gods of lofi with out the without the appreciation gifted in return for the lend

Posts 1 - 8 of 8

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads