How Much To Charge For A Loop Midi Pack

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 2849259
    ERx6 : Mon 7th Oct 2019 : 1 month ago

Hi!

How much is "just right" in the amount to charge for a Loop/Midi Pack. I Was Planning out a loopack and i want it to be of the highest quality. But for the time i work on it i want some kind of payment for the pack.

So the Question is, How much could you charge for a loop / Midi Pack?

And Also, What Legal Things Should I Do? Copyright etc.

2. 1041668
    wikkid : Mon 7th Oct 2019 : 1 month ago

The info I'm listing is when you SELL a loop or song (could be a daisy chain of your loops for one song, or if someone uses your loop as the foundation for a song, imho creators deserve to get paid and get credit).

Some people want payment upfront and are willing to relinquish their rights to later compensation (something you work out with the producer or songwriter).

Info on artist rights org in Sweden (home country per your profile):

https://www.stim.se/en (click the link for "Do you create music?
    Then you should get paid. How does it work?") for information.

US residents are able to upload musical compositions directly to the US copyright office, and I suspect you should be able to do the same in Sweden, however you may have to search for their info (try to avoid companies that will do it for you, but if I had to go with one, this company may be legit:

https://copyrightindex.com/get-copyright-registration-Sweden/

I only listed the company above because they seem reasonable, however you will still want to do an internet search to see if you can complete a copyright form on your own and upload music directly to your government's copyright office.

Then there are artists organizations in your area that can help with info and rights protection. The key is to not sign over or give away your creative rights unless you want to. It should be your choice.

Someone else will probably answer with more info on artist rights organizations.

I hope this helps.

3. 1041668
    wikkid : Mon 7th Oct 2019 : 1 month ago

Forgot to add that if there is a local music college you can visit and ask a professor about this, then please do so.

There's a lot of information on the internet, but you want the correct info for your region.

If you have the time and funds, taking a course in music law/business (as it pertains to your country) may be worth it.

4. 2849259
    ERx6 : Sun 13th Oct 2019 : 1 month ago

Thank you Wikkid!

Your a real hero, more people like you should be in this industri!

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.