Click Here for new free VSTs & plugins added daily

Should We Be Allowed To Post Layered Loops

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 3341914
    Spacemanoutta : Sun 29th Sep 2019 : 1 year ago

hi some of you guys might remember my samples, but unfortunately they were deleted by the site because they had multiple instruments in the sample. when I uploaded my samples they were all fairly popular with over 1000 downloads after a few hours I had a link in my bio so you guys can contact me for the midis or stems if you wanted. I was just wondering if you guys think we should be able to upload layered samples.

2. 851137
    crucethus : Mon 30th Sep 2019 : 1 year ago

No, you shouldn't

3. 2405080
    HomieOnIce : Mon 30th Sep 2019 : 1 year ago

yes we should be allowed to upload layered samples, anybody saying no is plain hating. Ive had great samples taken down because of the rule. It sucks

4. 1041668
    wikkid : Mon 30th Sep 2019 : 1 year ago

Hi,

I'm glad you posed it as a question.

My answer is no. First off, I'm uncomfortable telling someone on their own site what "we" should be allowed to do, since I can only speak for myself.

Looperman sets the rules and pays the bills, so I'm cool with it. If there's something Looperman doesn't provide I'd just as soon set up my own site AND stay on here.

Now, as far as layered loops, some of them aren't worth the hassle.
    There are layered loops that are simply sampled snipets from already copyrighted released songs that get uploaded.

And there are some that sound like everything but the kitchen sink has been thrown in. Since musical tastes can be subjective, I'll just say that while some people like having a "full" loop, others don't.

5. 1231236
    joecramer : Thu 3rd Oct 2019 : 1 year ago

I often wonder about the question, cause i am not sure if it means

A - i am looking for layerd loops and would be happy to find some here
    or
    B - i have some layerd loops and i would like to post them here

to A i just can say
    Be happy if someone make, lets say 6 loops from 1 project and post them here. So it is easy for you to grab all 6 and mix them so the way YOU like it. Maybe just in the way the poster used them in his project or just in a different way or with only 5 or 3 loops ..... it is much better for YOU
    To B i would say
    just put all your great layerd loops on Google drive or else where and post the link over the forum here on looperman. So the owner of this side hasn't to listen to all the stuff and has not the problem of filtering layerd loops with MAYBE not free stuff. Then it is just on YOU to be sure that all is ok and not in anyway illegal ...... Your loop will be found and maybe used and everyone here on looperman MUST think about legal or not for himself.

The rules now just make sure that WE can use the loops WE found here without thinking to much over that. And i think thats the best thing on looperman. YOU can be (mostly) sure that people post THERE stuff for free for you and not mix stuff from someone else as there work for you to use and bring YOU into a (maybe) illegal situation .....

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums