Just Gotta Know If My Stuff Is Good Or Not LOL

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 1964234
    salmusik : Mon 23rd Sep 2019 : 3 weeks ago

Hey, so I'm a producer. I've been using looperman for a while and have used quite a few loops in tracks I usually just keep for myself to listen to. I'm interesting in getting some second opinions on them (This is not me trying to get listens on soundcloud fr) If you're up to it check out a track or two and let me know if you think they're alright or not, don't really have many people around me that are producers/artists and it'd be great to have some real feedback on my work.

Constructive criticism is great too I just thought I'd see what someone with some experience would think.

Here's the link: https://soundcloud.com/sal_productions

2. 1936414
    0Equinox0 : Mon 23rd Sep 2019 : 3 weeks ago

I have experience with different genres. I'll just say I listened to dog days and There's nothing really wrong with it. Just sounds like it needs some tweaks. From what I can hear, it sounds like you just cut most of the highs with eq which makes it a bit flat and not very dynamic. Also the repeating the same vocal sample for the whole song, especially a 3.40 min song gets stale and fatigues the ears. You definitely have an understanding of music, but like most of us, just need more practice. This is my opinion anyway.

3. 1964234
    salmusik : Mon 23rd Sep 2019 : 3 weeks ago

Thank you, it means a lot you took the time to listen and reply to my post here. It was my first attempt to try and make something "Lofi" so I did some heavy editing when it came to the higher frequencies. A huge problem I've been facing is the lack of a more dynamic sounding melody sequence cause I'm not the best at creating my own melodies. Again, thank you for your honest opinion, I'll definitely get more done and try to get better with it.

4. 3368042
    BUFFAL0420 : Mon 23rd Sep 2019 : 3 weeks ago

aye bro i think your shit goes hard but like the last guy said it needs some EQ... this is coming from someone who isnt very good at EQ either. lol i honestly would do what i did at first: play that song on everything, different cars, different systems, different speaker in general. play it on like 10 different things and mix it with a new EQ and then play em all over again to hear a difference. it helped me alot at first... but im drunk so what do i know? haha keep doing your thing bro. check me out if you get bored. https://soundcloud.com/misanthropic-music

5. 3044962
    prodSlapHappy : Tue 24th Sep 2019 : 3 weeks ago

Immortal is pretty dope. The only thing I would say is when the drums come in and you lower the melody, the melody is too quiet. And try finding other samples that go along with the one you are going to use.
    A good vst for mastering the track is izotope ozone i use it on all of my beats
    r/drumkits and get some new, better drums
    Try switching up the drums a bit throughout the beat. Second verse, slightly different bass line or hat pattern or something like that. Your beats are pretty good tho. Open is tight
    This my sc if you want to hear some different stuff https://soundcloud.com/prodblackpearl

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.