The Biggest Problem Of Looperman

Posts 1 - 24 of 24
  1. 2980739
    Unknown User : Wed 28th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

"Dont layer / pre mix sounds. Keep each instrument separate."
    this is looperman's biggest problem!
    I do not want to make 5 layers from one beautiful melody and upload them individually.
    I want to make one melody and so that all the producers who downloaded it can quickly add it to their sequencer and make a beat
    nobody will upload all these 5 tracks individually.
    When will it all end...bad site policy

2. 3171411
    jjstiano : Wed 28th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

I agree often I'll have to mis-categorize loops just to avoid them being taken down. I think if the uploader decides to upload the stems/individual parts to the melody then more power to them but most people just want to upload/download the full melody. Also I've noticed the taking down is extremely inconsistent; sometimes I'll upload or see a melody that has 5+ instruments that doesn't get taken down but when I upload a piano with a vocal it gets taken down within 24 hours.

3. 1041668
    wikkid : Wed 28th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

Respectfully,

Perhaps as a producer, I don't want it to sound exactly like you want it too.
    I'd like to put my own spin on it, otherwise just putting a drumbeat under it means its actually you being the producer, and where's my creativity?

I get that you want that type of control. But sometimes the layers don't work with the harmonies I (I do vocals also) want to put on a tune. So I have to disagree that this is a bad site policy, especially if a producer enjoys chaining different loops in order to create changes in a song.

So for me, (just giving you an idea of how I compose a song based on loops) I search out singles that I can layer other loops on top of. I may have to transpose and stretch or shorten loops time wise, or even change out chords from the original loop. I will try to work with any loop, but sometimes the ones I like may have too many effects, which don't do well when the key is changed or slowed down.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you another perspective on this.
    Peace.

4. 2980739
    Unknown User : Wed 28th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

You can always ask the producer to send you a midi or melody along the tracks,
    and a melody downloaded separately may not be interesting, and no one will use it in their own music, and if I load all my loops into tracks now, there will be 100 such loops, and not 30, as now, the site will be in chaos from the garbage

5. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 29th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

I actually agree with you, there's a huge grey area though, some (many) would prefer this particular point of view while others want separate elements, as it stands it's a compromise trying to satisfy everyone which inevitably always fails, unfortunately the policy on this has been set, so good luck trying to influence change.

6. 2980739
    Unknown User : Thu 29th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

then you need to make a separate category of loops where there is layering

7. 2833192
    1retos : Thu 29th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

this happens to me alot, especially in the trap category, most of the people want a melody that is ready to go so they dont have to download 6 different melodies

8. 2980739

I also think, bro
    need to create a petition so that the site administrator makes a separate category where you can mix tracks

9. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Thu 29th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

I disagree. The biggest problem of Looperman ....rather ON LOOPERMAN has been documented. More people want a better internal email/communication system here. That is the biggest documented problem here. This is a known and established fact in the thread posting Minor2Go started. I believe that this is currently being addressed.

As for the thread content, my conclusion would echo @Wikkids summary. But in addition to that, you must remember that the website owners rights precede yours and mine when it comes to posting loops on Looperman.com, its a private company mind you. And yes, I am talking about the rules! But you should be able to express your individual skills and unique creativity, just keep in mind that there are limits to everything in this world, and I want you to also remember you still have options elsewhere in this world. On Looperman.com your loop should be more usable for others, I will explain later. But if you desire more freedom, then start your own web server, Looperman.com is a private company that has rules that are loosely similar to, but not exactly like most web-based organization such as SoundCloud, ReverbNation, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube. Obey the rules or leave this private site, or get yourself banned, its your choice.

Sidebar:

Did you know you agreed to allow Microsoft to spy on you legally by using Windows 10? Its in that very long agreement that no one reads. Thats your fault for accepting the Windows 10 agreement. They can legally spy on you because you said yes to the Windows 10 agreement and you paid them money for a license for them to do that! They dropped in spynet2.microsoft.com and spynetalt.microsoft.com into your windows 10 config but I discovered that recently and I am blocking it. And that is just the tip of the Microsoft spyware iceberg that you agreed to and paid for. Looperman.com has terms, rules, and conditions that you agreed to when you signed up and you did not pay one penny for a Looperman.com license (and Looperman does not spy on you.) The leadership here is unphased by petitions in the forums. Talk to them directly by sending an email. Also, mixed track samples were defeated many years ago, they were called groove loops. Not gonna happen.

10. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Thu 29th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

Now back:

Some of my loop downloaders like to chop, slow, skrew, and remix my loops in their songs and that is what I meant by making your loops more usable. If you were to upload the individual layers then people can layer in exactly what they want or not. They cannot deconstruct your loop because you chose a one size fits all approach for your loops. The Looperman.com owners rights, and all IP owners rights everywhere, always precedes your rights and mine on their websites, that is how real business is done. Rules are rules! And all IP owners also reserve the right to change the rules when and how they see fit at any time by posting a notice or email update for members. Looperman should not have to make any special exemptions for Trap or any other genre. No one is talking about making six different melodies anyway. Its one melody, with several layered components at issue here.

But, if you are producing a personal song of yours or you are in a collab, then layer away!

11. 2980739

Why should I go to another site? i like looperman
    I want him to get better and better
    The site owner needs to add a new section and that's it!

12. 2954693
    NestiBeatz : Thu 29th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

SyzygyBeatz i agree with you on your oiginal post.But as i learned this site is run by only one guy so yes of course it gonna have some malfunctions.And as i learned the loops arent removed with an algoryth or anything ,they are removed by the aadmin itself.So you may post a layered loop nd if it goes unnoticed it wont be taken down,and maybe you will post an unlayered loop and it will be considered layered.But considering as i mentioned earlier ,only guy is running this page which i consider amazing!Literlly justmade a website myself and it took me ages to finish it,cant even imagine how much time this dude puts into this page!Much respect for him!

13. 2980739

I hope that he will somehow devote time to this important issue
    it will be better for all users

14. 851137
    crucethus : Thu 29th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

@SYZYGY Beats.
    Hi, I just want to add first that I listened to some of yourbeats that you make on your other site, and checked out a few loops. I see you are a talented beat maker and thank you for contributing your loops to the site, it is most appreciated. Where I would differ with you on making loops for this site, is that I would prefer the loop to be as spartan as possible so I can, as Joe eloquently put, can chop, slow, skrew, and remix. To my thinking, that is where the creativity and artistry lie in using loops to make loop-based music. Otherwise, we would be no better than (to express in a different art-form, using painting) Paint by Numbers. Nobody really buys Paint by numbers art ehh? Because it takes away the creative aspect. But I dont know. As Bo-Burnham sang about, maybe art is dead!
    Cru

15. 2980739

I believe that we need to add a section for loops from several layers, and then each producer will decide in which section to load loops
    p/s thanks for the feedback about my loops and beats

16. 2954693
    NestiBeatz : Fri 30th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

I have been a member of looperman since january this year,and ive literally climbed to the top of looperman in only a few months and i can say JoeFunktastic,Rasputin & MrRobot and and only few others showed me some respect!!So u better put some respect on their names!This is literally the only page for strictly producers to grow !Im felling ur loops syzyg but u need to understand tht this page is only designed for giving and not taking!But when u realize that,when you realize that ,then you are a superproducer!Many ppl here created worldwide hits !And yet theyare not credite anywhere!But they are credited here in the looperman community!!!!!Shoutout to JoeFunktastic,rasputin,MRRobot,Sushilbawa,minor2go,nigthclub20xx and many others that are literally keeping the hiphop scene alive!!

17. 2980739
    Unknown User : Fri 30th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

I give good melodies and do not ask for anything in return, what are you talking about? I did not understand you..

18. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 30th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

In regards to this from the OP - "I do not want to make 5 layers from one beautiful melody and upload them individually."

One beautiful melody is just a melody... why are there 5 layers to it? If there are drums, vocals, or sound effects, then it ceases to be "one beautiful melody." If the layers are just multiple instruments playing the same notes, then possibly the mixing is so poor that the layering is obvious, as opposed to being mixed in a way that they give the impression of being a single cohesive instrument.

Just a thought...

19. 2159630
    SINExWAVE : Fri 30th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

dudes i wanted to start a petition a couple of months ago for a layered loop section new or to be brought back

my pont of veiw is ,, i dont use omnisphere cause its a waste of creativeness time and money its not a synth its some sort of stupid big ready made layers samples why should people be able to use this if its layered samples ,,its pretty oblivious if you hear it,i like to use massive and theres only so far you can take a loop with massive and make it not sound like it was made in the 80's without layers

rory :(

20. 2954693
    NestiBeatz : Fri 30th Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

SinexWave yeah im not a big fan of omnisphere either!It doesnt give me the rigth amount of accomplishment when i make something with it.Prefer massive and nexus myself!
    SyzygBeatz oh man u misunderstod me :D no hate u got it all wrong :D i was givin praise to Joe not hating on you! :D and btw yeah i know u give out good loops,ive used at least 4 myself :D

21. 2980739
    Unknown User : Sat 31st Aug 2019 : 2 years ago

@Spivkurl check my loops and listen how they are mixed, I mix several sounds so that the melody is wide and voluminous.

@NastyB sorry)

22. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 1st Sep 2019 : 2 years ago

So if you have loops that are layered to your satisfaction, that have not been removed... what is the problem?

23. 2230324
    DruciferBeats : Sat 14th May 2022 : 6 days ago

I can see where the original poster is coming from, honestly. I scroll through the most recent loops on here and all of the top ones are already pre-mixed, layered, and have multiple instruments on them and yet they make it on... I put up one that literally had 2 types of strings on it and it sounded fire, but it was rejected... I've been having a problem with the admin for some time now with them rejecting all my sounds... I've been trying to post loops for over a year and only 1 or two will make it on, even if I use the same instrument and lower it an octave on some notes it's considered "layering" to them... I even experimented the one time and put a loop up, then I edited the title of the track and it had to be "reviewed" for some reason, and it failed being uploaded because it was "layered" according to the "admin"... Why wasn't it considered "layered" before when it made it up? I also see a lot of favoritism when it comes to some uploaders too... They blatantly use filters on their sounds... They use a bassline, guitar, and flute at the same time, but somehow their loops make it up... I have a layered loop from years ago that actually made it into a pretty popular foreign trap/drill song that has over 25 million views on YT... but nah, let's just forget about that and not let any more "layered" loops up... SMH

24. 2230324
    DruciferBeats : Sat 14th May 2022 : 6 days ago

@spivkurl "One beautiful melody is just a melody... why are there 5 layers to it? If there are drums, vocals, or sound effects, then it ceases to be "one beautiful melody."

Do you know what layering is? This means if you want to add some flare to a set of strings you can't put a pad with it... It also means that if you wanna make a pad, you can't put a choir laced in it. A melody isn't always just one plain instrument. It's not saying put a guitar with a flute to make it sound better... It's saying sometimes you need another instrument to pair with, that is similar, and doesn't take away or add too much to your current piece. If I want to create a horror style Trap loop, I usually would layer 1-2 synths/keys and maybe some cool vocal effect in with it, and mix it until it sounds like one piece... Oh but wait... we can't do that anymore.

Posts 1 - 24 of 24

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.