Beginner Learning Production

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 2108940
    JennaEvans : Fri 16th Aug 2019 : 1 month ago

Hi there,

Im am totally new at attempting to learn production.

So I just wanted to ask a few questions really if you can help.

Do many people use splice/samples for their productions. Or is it best to use only original material.

How and where is the best place to learn, is it youtube maybe? and which site would be best place to start, I use logic btw.

How did you all learn

Thankyou Jenna x

2. 3121696
    prodbySwerve : Fri 16th Aug 2019 : 1 month ago

Hey,
    I started Production a few Months ago and can say that Youtube is a great Teacher.
    I use FL Studio and to the present day I'm pretty comfortable with it and know almost everything I need to know. I never bought any teaching classes, just enjoyed watching Youtube Videos that help you to understand the process of producing.

Also to come back to your question if a lot of people use Samples. According to the amount of Downloads that a samples have on this page you can see that you are not the only one. Also don't think Sampling makes you less of a producer.
    You can give 10 Producers the exact same Sample and Sounds and everyone will end up with another Product, which shows that not the Melody makes a producer unique, but the whole song does.

I saw a very good quote a few days ago about sampling.
    "If I want to build a car, do I have to reinvent the tire?" :)

I hope I could help you somehow, have a great time exploring Music Production.

- Swerve :)

3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 17th Aug 2019 : 1 month ago

Samples and loops are just another instrument. Samplers, both software and hardware, have been a big part of music for decades.

Getting loops on looperman is fine, and they are free to use in your songs (giving credit or linking to the song in the loop comments is a plus). If you make the loops and samples yourself, that's even better!

The main thing to keep in mind is legality. Be wary of taking samples or loops from other people songs, especially if you plan to sell your music. In this case, originality may be a good choice; either by just using the other song as an inspiration/reference, or by processing those samples until they are not recognizable (apparently some people get away with it, BUT I am not a lawyer).

4. 2108940
    JennaEvans : Sat 17th Aug 2019 : 1 month ago

Thank you both that is really helpful Jenna x

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.