Seeking An Instrumental Which Uses A Classic Sample

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 1897061
    iankofficial : Fri 16th Aug 2019 : 1 month ago

I love songs which sample other songs.

I'm a big fan of mototwn, 90's RnB and hip hop.

I'd love to work on a track (as a singer/songwriter) that uses a really cool sample of a track.

Anyone got something like this that I could work on with them?

Thanks

2. 3206147
    zyvd : Sat 17th Aug 2019 : 1 month ago

https://soundcloud.com/zyad-sayari/the-tournement-m-vs-y

check this

3. 3166106
    lumpybeats : Sun 18th Aug 2019 : 1 month ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VudWWIy5Z2M

check that out

4. 1041668
    wikkid : Sun 18th Aug 2019 : 4 weeks ago

Hi,

"Classic" samples should be cleared first before use, as in payment and consent is given by the owner (usually a record label). That's part of learning the dos and don't of the music biz. Because of technology, anyone can sample and old record, some wrongly believing since the record is old, it won't be recognized. The USA has a copyright agreement with the UK, so we respect the copyright laws of the UK as well as other countries and vice versa.

Be sure to get proof that a sample has been cleared by the user, since
    you don't want to start your career off by being banned or called out on a site that houses music by fans of that music genre or even the record company themselves.

It's true that some people aren't caught at first when a non-cleared sample is used. However if the tune builds an audience, then there's a greater risk of the truth coming out.

There are a number of Loopers on here who can give you the feel of older records.

Check out Rasputin and Joe Funktastic for R&B, Danke and Brado Sanz for rock or pop. Then there are uploads from others who skillfully chop up tunes so that the "feel" of old school is there.

I wish you all the best.

5. 1041668
    wikkid : Sun 18th Aug 2019 : 4 weeks ago

Hi,

I just wanted to add that I listened to the song you put up in 2016. You've got a good tenor voice, and I enjoyed the song lyrics.

I encourage you to keep at it, but I also recognize that having a producer (someone who can take the strength of your vocals and pair it with the right song) is crucial.

Since you love a classic song, and taking in mind your vocals, I'd suggest working on tunes with these artists in mind:

Tevin Campbell
    Tony! Toni! Tone! (Check out Its Our Anniversary and Feels Good)
    Bobby Brown
    New Edition
    Mark Morris (Return of the Mack)

The thing is, you can have the sound of yesterday, but don't forget you're trying to build a fanbase and sell your composition to the audiences of today.
    So a combination of old and new would hit that sweet spot (you gain appreciation from the old skol crowd but are also liked by younger listeners, sort of like what Bruno Mars has done).

And speaking of Bruno, he would be an excellent example to follow.
    Believe in yourself and your music, develop some swagger so you can hit those notes with conviction. And if its a love song, don't forget to put some passion in your vocals so that listeners can feel it coming through.

Again, I really wish you all the best. Stay positive.

6. 2093841
    MadderaMusic : Mon 19th Aug 2019 : 4 weeks ago

@wikkid you got a dope ass reply

7. 2093841
    MadderaMusic : Mon 19th Aug 2019 : 4 weeks ago

@wikkid can u review my track

8. 1897061
    iankofficial : Mon 19th Aug 2019 : 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the replies.

Appreciate if it's a sample it may need to be cleared.

Perhaps just something that sounds like it's a sample but actually isn't?

9. 1041668
    wikkid : Mon 19th Aug 2019 : 4 weeks ago

@MadderaMusic,

Sure, I'll listen and leave a review.

@iankofficial,

Yes. There are a number of talented Looperman members who've mastered the skill of creating a loop that sounds its an old skol sample. If you have the time, please listen to some of the older loops on here. There are gems to be discovered.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads