See our Outer Space RE-201 emulator By AudioThing Review

Need Help With A Snare

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 2355847
    iamarty : Mon 5th Aug 2019 : 1 year ago

normally im pretty good at mixing my own music. but in this case i need a little bit of help.

my snare has a really bad transient. ive tried eqing it, but it only washes it out and doesnt take it completely away.

im getting a little ahead of myself here.

when the snare is played, it literally clips through everything in the mix. like really bad.

what ive narrowed it down too is that the transient is way too harsh around 240-260 Hz and also at 1400-1700 Hz. i thought that EQ would be a viable option because i can just reduce the amount, but that has come to no avail.

i have tried using the stock transient processor plugin in FL Studio, but that only helped a tiny bit.

if there is anyone that can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Mon 5th Aug 2019 : 1 year ago

you should post a section of the music so we can hear what we are talking about. A transient is basically the attack of any audio source. I'm assuming your snare is actually ringing and you can fix that with eq, but you are probably cutting in the wrong area, ussually with ringing the root of that "ring" is bellow the frequency you actually hear or it could be its just processed badly to start eith. But post a short snippet of the music and I'll take a listen and drop some tips.

3. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 5th Aug 2019 : 1 year ago

Okay, an old school and possible obsolete idea... Turn the snare down in the mix.

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums