Work For Sale Without Permission

Posts 1 - 13 of 13
  1. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Tue 23rd Jul 2019 : 3 weeks ago

This has happened to SO many of us here. No, I am not the first one this has happened to, and no, I won't be the last.

Occasionally I peruse the internet looking for work that uses my vocals, stuff people don't post here, and I gotta tell ya IT REALLY BURNS ME WHEN I SEE MY PICTURE POSTED FOR PEOPLE'S CD/ALBUM COVER (no inquiry, asking, permission or anything) AND WHEN THEY HAVE THEIR WORK FOR SALE WITH MY VOCALS!!!!! ITS RUDE!!!

Now, let me just say, any contracts I signed BEFORE October 12, 2017, fair game!!! I've copies of all those! But EVERY vocal used and put out there for sale since, and WITHOUT permission REALLY TICKS ME OFF!!!

I, like so many others, share and offer my work for pure enjoyment and after over ten years I think I've had enough!!! Don't get me wrong, NONE of these people are getting rich, BUT THEY SUCK!!!

So, NO MORE VOCALS FROM me that are just thrown out here in internetland for people to take from here and run to other sites, and to sell! I will work with what I work with and who I work with, and if asked will consider noncommercial collaborations, but NO MORE!!!!!!! NO! MORE!

It makes me want to remove every vocal I have here. Ugh! Rant over.

2. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Tue 23rd Jul 2019 : 3 weeks ago

The ease of access to online distribution platforms has really ruined music as we knew it. Most of those people arent making any money with those releases, the only thing they are gaining is bragging rights saying they've got a release. Every idiot is on spotify and other major platforms nowadays and a lot of the music they put out sucks big time. All of this is a result of the curent generations way of thinking, they are entitled brats.

Don't let them ruin your day Patricia, its just not worth it. When you see such things fill a copyright complaint, and if you specified its not available for commercial purposes it should get taken down. I know its time consuming on your part but unfortunately thats the internet

3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 23rd Jul 2019 : 3 weeks ago

I'll just add my two cents. It really makes my blood boil when I see a person like Patricia who I might add is a world class vocalist and long time Looperman member get treated with absolutely no respect and not a scintilla of consideration by the thieves that prowl the musical internet through Looperman and lets face it 99.9% of the time their the ubiquitous "producers"..I don't know what she can do about it apart from putting a halt to all future vocal uploads, it's just a damn shame to see this situation continually confront her but it's no surprise when you look at what's happened to this place in a few short years, most of the real talent has left and been replaced by the legion of wannabes marching under the banner of no respect.

4. 2054129
    laurentwirz : Tue 23rd Jul 2019 : 3 weeks ago

I totally agree with Patricia!

It completely disrespectful to pull out profits and make use of such a wonderful voice, talent and generous person! It is a bliss someone like Patricia is sharing her vocals, lyrics, melodies and passion for FREE!!!!!!

I would like to point out that all vocals i've used in my project was 100% non commercial and have only been published on Youtube for people to enjoy the collaboration.

I've always mentioned "featuring Patricia Edwards" and i hope we can continue sharing our passion to create wonderful melodic and creative soulful music together!

Patricia thank you so much for your wonderful voice!

L. Wirz
    If there is anything i've have missed please let me know!

5. 157151

Yep Mahloo13 and Dave,
    yep, heard it all before. :-)

L. Wirz, what you are doing is ok.
    You did not miss anything. :-)

My rant is for those,
    like repeat offender Lowes Company Music Productions,
    of whom have been reported before,
    that make muzic which include my vocals and sell it!

I will continue collaborations, however,
    they will be handled off the Looperman site.
    I will not be posting mass vocals anymore,
    but anyone who is interested in vocals or collaborations can certainly contact me. :-)

6. 2255594
    slava72 : Tue 23rd Jul 2019 : 3 weeks ago

I was talkng about that problem before,here on forum,so,fucking "producers rappers trappers" -i am asking you,are you happy ,are you happy know that one more Proffecional is leaving that website??? P.S. They dont give a shit,cos they dont care,they dont even read posts on this Thread.Rant is over.

7. 157151

Slava72, I [WHOLEHEARTEDLY] believe Shan cares.
    I just think this is a battle that one person cannot fight alone.
    I don't know that this will ever stop happening.
    But I do believe Shan cares.
    I am not going anywhere,
    just changing how I do business. :-)

8. 2255594
    slava72 : Tue 23rd Jul 2019 : 3 weeks ago

I am glad you are not going,so many already left-something needs to be done to weed out those so called "producers- rappers- trappers- crappers" thieves of this site

9. 631823

@Patricia - contact CDBaby directly in regards of the copyright breach, that's the platform that appears to have been used to distribute the songs.

You can also contact the wanabee company letting them know you will be taking actions against them both for using your music as well as your image for commercial purposes and without express permission.

Also let the publisher (CdBaby) know about the abussive use of image and vocals.

10. 631823

Definitely take action, the music is nothing to be proud of :)), most of the songs are out of tune, amateurish at best, it makes my blood boil, cant imagine how you feel

11. 157151

I’ve contacted the website cd baby, and youtube, for what it’s worth.

12. 1839240
    Format : Wed 24th Jul 2019 : 3 weeks ago

Well I feel like an asshole. I recently asked you to colab on a commercial track without knowledge of the feelings that you have posted here. I hope I haven't aggravated a sensitive topic for you Patricia. I have been on this site since 2016 and am slowly evolving to the point where I can release quality commercial single/albums to the public independently. Naturally, one would want to colab with SKILLED (there are many beginners and developing artists here, that's what this site is for in fairness) artists such as yourself to appeal to a wider audience. I'm sure you are aware of publishers who let you split profits for colabs, copyrights and all the other things in place that are meant to protect intellectual property and insure monetary compensation. If this is true and you maintain your position, one would just have to respect your wishes. The fact that you have a beautiful gift that evokes emotional response in others and in todays world equates to dollar signs is also something I'm sure you are also aware of thus the high demand for your joint participation in artistic endeavors and the unfortunate vandalism of your work for illegal sale. With all that being said, no intentional offense was meant by me. I appreciate your contribution to the site and wish you all the best. sincerely -4M@

13. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Wed 24th Jul 2019 : 3 weeks ago

4M@, if were as easy as finding the offenders here, this thread wouldn’t exist, neither would the other many ones I spent hours reading lastnight lol, I would have reached out to them. :-) Asking for commercial collaboration is fine, I am ok with saying no. It’s not reading, not respecting the stipulations of using the vocals, and offering it for sale that is the problem.

I do not offer my vocals for commercial use anymore because #1 it’s too much to keep up with! #2 No one is gonna become rich, of all the contracts I have signed over the years I have to see $100, but I don’t do it to become rich! I do it because I love it, and because the person believes in their work and I don’t want to stand between them and what they see their work being. #3 and most important, I am not willing to deal with the legalities of it anymore! From being contacted by attorneys, asked to give my phone number, address and even my social security number! Not willing to do it!

So, to answer you, no, you did not aggravate anything by asking. :-) I appreciate and respect you, and others, for asking, and finding my work worthy of the inquiry! :-)

Posts 1 - 13 of 13

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads