One-shot Sounds Not Accepted

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 3023396
    Xen0s : Sat 20th Jul 2019 : 1 month ago

I'm sure there's something I'm missing here, but since I can't figure it out, I'm starting to get a bit irritated. I have 6 specific sound FX 'loops' that I have been trying to upload for a few times now. Each time I try, however, they get rejected for incorrect tempo. What makes this confusing is that they're one-shot FX, pulled from the same project file OF 130 BPM, and I set that as each of their tempos, but lo and behold, they were still rejected. Is tempo determined by the samples' lengths, for FX?

If tempo, for FX, is determined by the length of the sample, then that'd make a bit more sense, but there's one sample in particular that this rule would 'mess up'. One of the sounds was a futuristic Gatling/machine gun sound that 'fired' at 130 BPM. BUT NO, apparently not, according to the site, due to the NECESSARY reverb tail at the end.

I'm not sure whether I should risk re-uploading them either, so that means that I've just, effectively, prevented 6 decent sound FX from being uploaded to my profile.

So what should I do about the tempos/lengths? What am I missing? Should I risk re-uploading a sound that I am CERTAIN is 130 BPM, but isn't, according to the site?

2. 1
    Looperman : Sat 20th Jul 2019 : 1 month ago

a one shot sound can still be a set length at the tempo you have stated.

Imagine sounds as building blocks that must all fit together and you wont go far wrong.

Your project file may be 130bpm but the files are not cut to work that way and so have been rejected

3. 2954693
    NastyyB : Sat 20th Jul 2019 : 1 month ago

Xenos,as Mr. looperman says,best thing to do is to take a lets say 100bpm loop from here(any loop),
    then put it in your daw of choice.next thing to do is to place the fx under the loop and then just time strech the fx so it hits with the loop each bar.Then just cut the remainder if theres any.I had the same problem with uploading vocal samples but i figured it out eventually.Hope i helped

4. 3023396
    Xen0s : Sat 20th Jul 2019 : 1 month ago

Thanks, both of you guys! I have updated all of the loops so that, as Krexo says, they fill an even amount of bars at their given tempos. I will apply for re-authorisation in due course.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.