I Want To Start A Petition To Make Layered Loops Allowed

Posts 1 - 16 of 16
  1. 2159630
    rmce : Fri 5th Jul 2019 : 2 weeks ago

as you might know layered loops are not allowed so i propose to make looperman make a category for them.

i think layered loops make comeing up with ideas better,,

if the loop maker wants to or is asked to split the loop up in to layers by a user they can do it if they want to help

leave a comment only if you are for this to be taken seriously be looperman

rory

2. 1041668
    wikkid : Fri 5th Jul 2019 : 2 weeks ago

Hi rmce,

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Far too many promising loops (not just trap) have bass lines or chords that aren't in the key of the song and thus I have to pass on them.

As a songwriter, I really appreciate the free loops and make a point of telling contributors how thankful I am. But some of the choices on layered loops aren't ones I'd make when crafting a tune. I get that you and others would like more control, but that's also what I crave. When I compose a song, I not only arrange the music and make your (and others) loop the foundation, but I also write song lyrics and background harmonies. But that's just how I create. Someone else may feel differently. I do see some layered loops remaining uploaded and still on the site. So some do get through. But naw, I'm not up for signing a petition, however I wish you all the best with this.

3. 671112

Hi Rory!

Few years ago it was called groovy loops, if I understand well...made several ones and experienced the deletion...:-)
    have to say (from the view of Looperman) I understand why he doesn't allow us to upload layered loops...mini-songs are not allowed here...some users specially need layered loops but you can contact private and make your own bizzo in the background...:-)
    I say this despite the fact that the first loop of my life is a layered loop and I still love them ...
    Hope that I understood the title...:-)

4. 1041668

Hi rmce,

I meant to add:

My apologies if I've intruded and you only want responses that agree with the petition, but I thought I'd offer a counter perspective.

5. 2159630

@wikkid i kinda thought about that after i started this forum post it i never took in to consideration people would end up posting loads of mellody and chords with drums on top ,, and the type of drums would always end up being trap ,, and end up flooding the site with crap

6. 1041668

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Its not just the off melodies (bass and chords) that are sometimes added. Some sound effects are overdone, like when a lo-fi loop is uploaded and the "crackling" old skol sound is much too dominant. I get that this is trend, but when overdone or too loud it can overpower the melody.

Same with the rain effects, ambient background noise and some edm effects. Unless a midi is requested (some contributors don't offer that option) there's no way to separate that part I need and want from the added layers.

And since the loops are free, I hesitate to ask the contributor to do another upload since they've already been kind enough to list their creation for free.

With so many great loops on this site, I usually just pass.

7. 2159630

i can understand that for sure ,,i never gave this much thought , its not like we sould make a catougury that has it own rules , that would make things worse for looperman and the site is good as it is after all

8. 2840583
    guruvoodoo : Fri 5th Jul 2019 : 2 weeks ago

What if Looperman allowed layered loops, but if the loop is layered, then there could be a button next to the loop that says "individual melodies" or something along those lines. This would allow layered loops to be uploaded since user can just download the stems from that button.

In addition, Looperman would then make users upload stems, but layered loops would be allowed. How does that sound?

9. 1041668

Hi guruvoodoo,

You can always suggest changes on Looperman, and there is a thread started by Minor2Go for those who feel strongly about this and other issues:

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/190755/3-things-you-would-change-or-add-on-looperman-wish-list

However its my understanding that this site is a one-man operation. And since access as well as downloading loops and some tracks are free (acapellas have different requirements) the key thing for me is "Free" in this day and age.

Some changes may require intricate coding and testing and more hard drive space. Yes, people have volunteered their services regarding making changes on the site, but the owner ultimately decides, imho.

10. 1564425
    Rasputin : Fri 5th Jul 2019 : 2 weeks ago

I like the idea of allowing layerings. Often, an upbeat dance groove, let us say, only makes sense when the bassline and drums are playing off each other. Presented individually, those loops are not going to convey the full idea of the groove that's being suggested.

11. 1
    Looperman : Sat 6th Jul 2019 : 2 weeks ago

For the same reasons ive said many times before this wont happen.

For every uploader who thinks its better to layer sounds there are those who want the midi or the layers split when they download. Just because you think adding a melody / bass / drums on top makes it great doesnt mean that someone else will and so renders the upload pointless.

I cant see what is wrong with uploading the layers if you have things that work together.

12. 2954693
    KrexoBeats : Sat 6th Jul 2019 : 2 weeks ago

Rmce you gotta understand this is a very simple,outdated and poorly managed site.(dont get me wrong,its a great site and im glad i found it).Those guidelines u gotta follow if u want to post a loop are basically non sence.Those are just there so it fills the page so it not all blank.People dont follow them yet nothing happens.So basically u can post layered loops,you are just unlucky it it gets taken down,but lets say 5 out of 10 will not be removed.

13. 2345833
    EvanBeatz : Sat 6th Jul 2019 : 2 weeks ago

Aight so... Imma be the first person to agree! If loops are structured correctly, you can easily take out parts with counter melodies you don't like, or use them if you vibe with them!

14. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sun 7th Jul 2019 : 2 weeks ago

@Krexo....While there's a few things on this site I'd like to change, I know that fundamentally it's a very solid and well run operation that delivers on so many levels for it's members at no cost, it's pretty hard to find that situation anywhere in today's global society, unfortunately your attitude goes to the very core of what's become all to prevalent in urban contemporary music....self absorption, plagiarism, lack of respect.

15. 2954693
    KrexoBeats : Sun 7th Jul 2019 : 2 weeks ago

You literally wrote the same thing as me only in bigger words mate.

16. 3137495
    RayzCooks : Sun 7th Jul 2019 : 2 weeks ago

i too wish we could layer loops. i get some of my loops taken down just because ill raise my melody an Octave higher for 4 bars to switch it up a lil. looperman doesnt like that for some reason.

Posts 1 - 16 of 16

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads