Confusing About Copyright

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 2615159
    ChouliOnTheBeat : Sun 16th Jun 2019 : 4 months ago

Hello

I have a specific question.

I would like to use looperman loops to put them in my game that I develop for Android. If I understand the section https://www.looperman.com/help/terms I have to make sure to modify a minimum the sample before using it?

thank you

2. 1041668
    wikkid : Sun 16th Jun 2019 : 4 months ago

Hi,

For clarification on Looperman's copyright rules, you should contact Shan directly:

https://www.looperman.com/users/contact/1

All members can do is give you our "interpretation" of the rules. Shan is the owner who runs the site, so he has the first and last word.

I hope this helps.

3. 500098
    ShortBusMusic : Sun 16th Jun 2019 : 4 months ago

If you are talking about just "loops," then you don't need permission to use them in your projects, nor do you need to alter them. All of the loops on here are given freely and are royalty free as well. The only thing you cannot do is download a loop, put it in a loop pack, and sell it as your own. So to be clear, if it is a "loop" it is royalty free and can be used in commercial projects (look at how many of MINOR2GO's loops are used in hit songs - they don't even give him writing credits). If you are talking about songs, or acapellas, then copyrights do exist, and you would have to contact the person who uploaded the pella or the song for permission. Hope that helps a bit.

Bear

4. 2615159
    ChouliOnTheBeat : Mon 17th Jun 2019 : 4 months ago

Thanks a lot wikkid and ShortBusMusic everything is so much clearer now !!

5. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Mon 17th Jun 2019 : 4 months ago

With my respects to ShortBus, I think the best course of action would be to contact @Looperman on this matter. You never mentioned how you were going to use the loops. It sounds as if you are going to use a raw single loop and chop it up and place it as a part of your video game. This is neither a song by definition or loop repackaging by definition. I have found some of my loops in their raw form on a few Android virtual Native Instruments Maschine pad like music apps. These app were for sale. So since they were not used in a song, I feel that they had fallen more in line with being loops for sale. In any regard, I did not quibble over this. I let these guys keep their app. But you should check first since there is no Android to single raw Loop usage guidelines on Android in the written FAQs. But if you are using them in a song on Android I see no problems.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.