What Is Your Collaboration Process

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 2475567
    yongla : Mon 20th May 2019 : 3 months ago

Hey everyone! How are the other community members here going about collaborating with people remotely?

I personally use email, Google Drive, iCloud, and even WeTransfer, but I always feel there might be a better way of doing things.

It would be cool to know how people are streamlining their collaboration processes and what tools they might be using.

2. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Tue 21st May 2019 : 2 months ago

All those things have been working for me. If there is a better way, I haven't found it.

3. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Tue 21st May 2019 : 2 months ago

Also, I have sent the original Pro Logic file as a zip file. That helps TREMENDOUSLY! Things are in place and that help me.

4. 2475567
    yongla : Thu 23rd May 2019 : 2 months ago

Ah yeah - I primarily use FL Studio, but I use Logic when collaborating with people sometimes and that's what I like about it - the entire project is nicely contained in that zip file. I think you can do something similar with FL Studio but it's a bit more convoluted imo.

Do you ever upload your 'work-in-progress' tracks or mixes somewhere to send to people for feedback?

5. 3103352
    Rockseller : Thu 23rd May 2019 : 2 months ago

some use instagram to let people know what they're about to do and share snippets or videos of their process and workflow.so they can stay in touch and it might be a marketing technique to already promote stuff.

6. 2298815
    childishcameraman : Sun 16th Jun 2019 : 2 months ago

I prefer email since it keeps a good work thread going and you can track things really easily. Outside of that usually, soundcloud dms. Some people will send me work in progress tracks they want to show me over soundcloud, but that seems overcomplicated.

7. 2298815
    childishcameraman : Sun 16th Jun 2019 : 2 months ago

using fl studio its usually really complicated being on the same workspace, what me and this one dude do is we have one person have the main file, when I had something i was ready for him to work with, i would send him an mp3 copy of the track, he would then send me notes to revise it, send his edit with what he could do, as well as snippets that he wanted to add in. all over email.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads