Copyright Issues

Posts 1 - 13 of 13
  1. 2108940
    JennaEvans : Mon 20th May 2019 : 3 months ago

Hi just wanted to say, really appreciate everyone that shares their music with me using their accapellas. I really enjoy listening. I have however came across 2 songs just today where people have uploaded and used my name and vocals and uploaded commercially to spotify and other platforms. This is not the first occasion.

So i wont be uploading accapellas on here anymore.

It does cost me to use studios and and I put effort in for people to release stuff I haven't even heard annoys me.

Thankyou anyway to everyone that has shared music with me.

Jenna

2. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Mon 20th May 2019 : 3 months ago

Hey Jenna! Wow, sorry to hear that. Cheaters will cheat. The system of acapella sharing here is based solely on the honour system which has some really bad faults and cracks. There is no legal support offered here from this site. This type of misuse and abuse happens a lot and is very unacceptable but you can fight back you know. I found both my voice and one of my tracks for sale on Amazon as well so I know what you mean.

Paying for studio time out of pocket, plus your personal time is worth a lot, and thank you! So not uploading new acapellas here is quite understandable. There is no way to stop greedy cheaters and crooks other than requesting a takedown notice with the admins of the sites that you find unauthorized music with your voice on it. Your decision to stop posting here will be a tremendous loss to this site and you should be commended for doing such a great job sharing your talent and for posting high-quality vocals.

Cheers!
    Joe

3. 2108940

Thanks Joe. I mean Im not saying all people do this purposely, I guess thats just a little problem from using this site and it is a great place to share music.
    I mean im not even saying my accapellas are even that good lol i think its just respectful to ask before using commercially I think. Which is really the condones of them I believe.
    I wouldn't have minded people using it for that reason anyway, but I would just prefer to hear it first.
    As I would do so if using someones music.
    Jenna xx

4. 2108940

*conditions rather lol x

5. 1002337
    Ian1337 : Mon 20th May 2019 : 3 months ago

Damn, sorry to hear that - can you not persue getting it taken down or even a cut of the money made from any sales on that?

Also - I would never have done such a thing without asking you (as I have obviously used your vocals).

Ps. Thanks for what you did allow us to use.

Ian

6. 2108940

Yeah, I mean I don't think its something he is making money off, but he did a good job if it though. Just cause I finished the vocals for that track and posted them yesterday, but someones already released it. oh well no biggie I guess lol x

Jenna xx

7. 1002337
    Ian1337 : Mon 20th May 2019 : 3 months ago

I dont use spotify as a user but I think I've got a profile as my album went on it so.. are you able to upload music on it for users to download free or is it specifically a money making site? if it is pay-to-upload or users pay for songs then you could probably chase for some sort of royalties? You said you found 2 songs, was it the same person or different and if it's a profile under your own name (your vocals/not your permission) you might be able to get it taken down still I'm not sure.

8. 602494
    Nightfallproducer : Mon 20th May 2019 : 3 months ago

Ive had a simular issue with one of my tracks getting copystruck on youtube, i actually used this sites upload code of conduct to win my case and its now been taken down... we need to talk, i think i can help x

9. 2108940

Hi thankyou, I have spoken to one of them and have sorted it Thankyou. Didn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable writing this btw. I obviously just would like to choose what I put out commercially.

Sometimes I think it is just because its not always clear between commercial/non commercial platforms.

Jenna x

10. 157151
    PatriciaEdwards : Tue 21st May 2019 : 3 months ago

Jenna I totally understand! Things get crossed, people join to get what they want, then they run without even understanding the process. Here's what I don't get, no matter where you get muzic OR vocals, you have to have permission to use it!!!! But the muzic world has become very underhanded and people find ways to cheat and steal!

This post is exactly why I do not offer my vocals for commercial use anymore. Being here as long as I have, I'd like to offer, it is still going to happen. You are still going to find your work SOMEWHERE out there without your permission. As long as your vocals are out there in internetland for whomever to download, it is going to happen. The only way around it...do not post your vocals anywhere, only offer them to people you collaborate with that you trust, or release them and let them go. :-)

I'm glad you got things sorted! :-)

11. 2108940
    JennaEvans : Tue 21st May 2019 : 3 months ago

Hi Patricia, yes I see what you mean. And why you do that.

Its great to hear people bring my Accapella's to life lol but at the same time the song was released before I even finished it haha and used the vocals which were full of autotune which I said I didn't like as it was just a rough version of the song really.
    He said he only uploaded to soundcloud until I sent him the spotify and iTunes link.
    Oh and even called it the official audio.

Takes the fun away from it a bit I guess lol

Jenna

12. 2108940
    JennaEvans : Tue 21st May 2019 : 3 months ago

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/industria-ep/1457239098
    one more?

13. 688110
    novaspace : Wed 22nd May 2019 : 3 months ago

hi. we had also many problems with unfair looperman producers before. there were we put up a strict desclaimer in the description of every acapella we have uploaded as wel in our profile here. once a week me and one of our team members are scouting the internet of bootlegs. we have done some safety measures. for example. we have registred all our acapella work with youtube, facebook and soundcloud content system. it is very helpfull if you wanna do copyright submits or strike someone. also in our desclaimer we stated that every bootleg / remix will become our property. sometimes i just rippoff these bootlegs and register them as well fully under our name. i dont release them but i just submit them to our content system. the producers who still remixing or using our accapellas have complied under these terms and till so far our method has worked. if you need some help with taking releases down just let me know.

Posts 1 - 13 of 13

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads