Ever Randomly Stumbled On Your Own Loop

Posts 1 - 13 of 13
  1. 3015730
    micshafes : Wed 10th Apr 2019 : 6 months ago

I just mixed a song for my friend using a free type beat that he got off of YouTube. I wanted to check out the producer, so I randomly clicked on one of his beats. For a couple seconds I was like “huh, that melody seems familiar.” I went back, and surely enough, it was the second loop that I ever put up on this site. It makes me think how many people have heard my music without having any idea that it’s sampled (I know it’s at least 250,000 since I got a couple of popular artists to download my stuff).

Have any of you randomly come across a beat/track with your loop in it? Also, what do you think about crediting people for their loops? I know it’s not mandatory, but I feel like it should be courtesy to thank and promote somebody that goes out of their way to make you something for free.

2. 3044962
    prodSlapHappy : Wed 10th Apr 2019 : 6 months ago

Not a loop but I came across a song with 300k plays that used my beat, didnt dm me/ leave a comment on my beat or even like it. Oh well
    Also imo there is no need to give credit to people who made the loops. First off this is looperman, home of the royalty free loops. And secondly, I do a whole lot more on my beats than a single 4 note loop does. Nobody goes out of their way to make free loops. These are mostly all throwaways but some people just do it because they love sharing their music.

3. 2615019
    damonb : Thu 11th Apr 2019 : 6 months ago

there is a loop based software called mixcraft its got good loops and a big library if you right click on loop it will bring you too the sorce of the loop many from like prime loops ect. and loads from looperman as well in there library right click on it takes you too here so imagine howmany people used or use the software they are using some loops from here

4. 2615019

also if you buy loops off ebay your bound to have bought one of your own loops

5. 2615019

and with ebay new talent will buy loops the loops give no info the new talent will make a song and be clueless if you message them saying its your loop they paid for it the seller will say its got right too do so no copy rights completely royalty free

6. 2615019

I have actualy herd herd parts of my songs in adverts on tv from early 2000s

7. 2615019

a juice comicial using one my electronic songs and a comidian making fun of online music making in a skit

8. 2615019

used a loop of my song and added lyrics making fun of amature musicians on tv

9. 2815745
    spejies123 : Fri 12th Apr 2019 : 6 months ago

Idk if its considered myself stumbling upon it but one of my loops made it onto the new NAV album. I think its only only on the deluxe version of Bad Habits, but the song is called "Rack In My Sleep". It was pretty neat seeing it from him and it making an album instead of just being on someones computer folder never to be shown. The loop is called Eternal Atake Type Loop on my page.

10. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 15th Apr 2019 : 6 months ago

Yeah, there are loops all over my studio floor. Stumbling on this can get you really hurt!

Oh wait, you're not talking about cables...

11. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Mon 15th Apr 2019 : 6 months ago

I sometimes find my loops in other peoples songs with no credit given. No biggie for me, I do not care. Loop producers should only make loops for the love of making loops and sharing their talent. The moment you place the smallest expectation of some kind of return, that should be the moment you stop making loops because it will frustrate you to no end, whether you care to admit it or not. If such things trouble a person then they should stop making loops immediately. So when I do get a mention in a song I find it as an unexpected and pleasant surprise. But when you do not give credit, it does not necessarily mean you are a bad person. As people we sometimes overlook the smallest details in our daily lives like saying thank you to your mail carrier or to your bus and trolley driver. Once you let your musical loop go into the public domain as Royalty Free material it is no longer yours anymore.

12. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Mon 15th Apr 2019 : 6 months ago

I agree with what Joe said above, if more people would adopt that philosophy in life as well, the world would be a better place.

13. 1902994
    Ajerutis : Sat 20th Apr 2019 : 6 months ago

Lots of facts were mentioned in here. I know credits don't HAVE to given to the loopmakers but it is greatly appreciated, especially for me. I don't expect people to credit me when I open the link to their beats and if they do then I mention I really appreciate it. When I download other users loops and do something with them, I like to give them some credit and leave links to my projects. One of my loops: https://www.looperman.com/loops/detail/136738/deep-thoughts-125bpm-trap-acoustic-guitar-loop was actually used by Young Scooter and featuring Kodak Black as the link to the beat is in one of the comments of the loop. I'm not sure who produced the beat, but I didn't expect any credit for the loop. Despite the loop being the main focus of the beat I'm fine with no credit being given as it isnt mandatory and the loops here are royalty free so I can potentially do the same. Its still pretty cool though to know I basically co-produced a song for Young Scooter and Kodak Black

Posts 1 - 13 of 13

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads