Is This A SCAM - Caps In The Title To Get Your Attention Sorry

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 1837559
    MatthewForest : Sat 30th Mar 2019 : 4 months ago

So I got a message here on looperman from a user called "mhhhhh"
    (https://www.looperman.com/users/profile/3147087)
    Already pretty weird name but I read on and the message said:

"Hey Matthew, i just recently (1 minute) ago discovered you and I fricking love what you do. You make loops that I was looking for and we definitely need to get in contact. I'd pay you and stuff. If you have some other unreleased loops, add you tag over it and send it to me as a preview I would love to hear them. I would like to work with you in the future. Just shoot me a quick message on my email and we can go on from there. (*emailaddress*) Regards"

So.. I'm like "this is pretty cool, I'll hit him up now" but then I read the beginning of the email address over again and noticed it was a seemingly random string of letters. "sdfhgklla".

This made me suspicious so I investigated further and noticed his account was very new on the website and didn't have any other info or activity apart from one comment on a loop asking for a midi file.

I went on and read the email again and noticed he said nothing about the content of my loops (most of mine are piano so it would be easy to mention the content) he just said they were good making this message easy to copy paste and spam to other users with the simple adjustment of the name.

Everything in the email, the indirect mention of the loops, the email address itself, the accounts activity and how new it is just doesn't make it seem legit.

All of this just seems pretty odd to me and I don't know if I should trust it or not.
    I'd like some advice or opinions on whether you think its a scam or not.

I never get emails like this normally so I'm new to finding out what ones are bad and what ones aren't.

I appreciate any input on this post.

2. 1041668
    wikkid : Sat 30th Mar 2019 : 4 months ago

Hi Matthew,

I wouldn't answer it, based on the number of red flags involved (as per your post):

"Everything in the email, the indirect mention of the loops, the email address itself, the accounts activity and how new it is just doesn't make it seem legit."

I mean, its nice to get a compliment, but sometimes your guard will be lowered when that happens. Trust your instinct. .

I'd also like to say that I hope all that info you put in your profile isn't correct, as you would be ripe for identity theft (don't answer). My advice would be to alter and delete some things (like the exact city where U live). And never, ever list your full birthdate anywhere on the internet.

Always remember that you don't know who anyone is on the web, so don't volunteer so much information. I wish you all the best.

3. 2800393
    black808 : Sun 31st Mar 2019 : 4 months ago

I have also seen this user on looperman, he might have commented on one of my loops?

4. 2800393
    black808 : Sun 31st Mar 2019 : 4 months ago

Ok just confirmed he did comment on my loop. I asked to hit me up on Instagram for the midi and he did. I sent him the files and he seemed to be legit. Hope this helps...

5. 1837559
    MatthewForest : Mon 1st Apr 2019 : 4 months ago

Thankyou for your advice and input. I'm better staying safe than sorry, so I think I'll go with my gut and just leave the email alone, just incase.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.