Seeking Multi-tracks Or Stems

Posts 1 - 3 of 3
  1. 1104820
    swroberto : Wed 27th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

Dear Members,

I have been a member since 2012 but not had any interaction on this site, I don't think I've even posted prior to today but I would like to put a question or request out there.

I am a 24 year old student on his finals (BA-Bachelor's) studying Music Technology: Recording, Production and Mastering. It's a three year course based in London, United Kingdom (EUR)

Do you have any multi-tracks or stems of a session? It could be live or done at home (single-layer tracked), preferably something that has more than 5 instruments + drums + 2-3 lead instruments, vocals would be great but not essential.

I have credentials in Mixing and Mastering as well as being an arranger (5 years) and musician myself (8 years) however for this particular project I need to outsource material. My fellow students all had bands they knew and I don't have that available, so, if anyone would like to have their stems/record mixed PROFESSIONALLY and using extremely good equipment which is accessible to me at the university campus then please get in touch, you would be helping me a great deal and in return you would have a mix. Since it's your material I would be willing to sign a document giving exclusive rights to you, I just need this for my final assessment.

The ideal session would contain:

4-8 drum mics on a drum kit
    a bass track through DI and AMP
    guitars, keys, piano, clavinet
    Vocals, Guitar, Synths
    Percussives and vocal harmonies.

Basically, the more unbalanced the track, the harder for me (and that's the aim). I would start my getting the -8 to -10dB headroom on all tracks and mix pre-fader.

Mixing desks:
    AUDIENT 8020SP (mono) 24 track in-line (48 track poss.)
    Neve 75 Console with famous G.SSL compressor (24track I.L)
    Otari MTR90 MK2 24 track analogue console

Outboard Hardware Units (HU)

All. UAD plug_ins
    Apogee Symphony AD/DA
    Preamps by Focusrite and Neve
    AMEX compressor
    Focusrite Compounder x 3
    TF Pro P38

Microphones:

AKG C414 x8
    Neumann U87, TLM
    best ribbon mics
    SM57, SM58
    Telefunken mics
    Orpheus mic
    Zoom recorders

Amps:

VOX AC30 valve amp
    Orange semi-amp (60W)
    DI boxes

2. 1104820
    swroberto : Wed 27th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

Part 2

Any particular signals (guitar, bass) can be re-amped through the aforementioned units and mics.

My mixing style is balanced, I always balance signal, then I do mild EQ, then use effects Correctively then EQ and then cosmetically and lastly creatively.
    Since every EQ or HPF/LPF messes with phase, everything has to be done according to a particular chain.

Balance>EQ>balance>Gate>Comp>Sends to Rverb>EQ>Gate etc

----------------

I believe in CUTs below 41Hz for everything except Bass since OpenE is 41.

I will Parallel Compress Kicks and Snares labelled //K or //Snr.
    I also will setup a Comp bus (typically 4:1 at -18dB) for drums, usually OPTO (slow) and sends to that.

If it's a jazz piece or a piece where dynamics are needed, compression will be very light (2:1:1).

If you're interested please drop me an email, I would be glad to mix someone's work.
    EDIT: also, smaller projects are welcome too!

Roberto

swgroup.eu at aol.com
    swsproductions at yahoo.com

Dated 27 March, 13:55hrs. London, UK.

Thank you and God Bless.

3. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Wed 27th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

If you are looking to practice you could check out the cambridge mt library

http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

They are free for practice purposes and it's quite a big selection. Alternatively you can try the ultimate metal forums for more metal and rock oriented stuff

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/

Gearslutz also has a similar section where guys post files and look for engineers

You can also review some songs here and ask people directly if they need such services.

PS: Tell 'em to sell that neve and buy an SSL :p

Posts 1 - 3 of 3

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.