Not Looking For Anything

Posts 1 - 25 of 33
  1. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Sun 24th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

Producers looking for rappers, rappers looking for producers, producers looking for producers, looking to create a group...some of you are lonely bastards aren't you?

You claim you want to share ideas and exchange stuff, well for fucks sake that's what this site and others like it are for. How 'bout getting involved, actually uploading something, posting a few comments on a few tracks, giving constructive criticism and you will be amazed how much you will receive back and how much you'll grow.

I've been on this site for over 10 years, well before the new version, but I must say we've never had so many abandoned people on this site, always looking, always searching and with so many problems communicating, I mean one guy wants a rapper on above his post here comes mister lazy ass rapper that starts a new thread asking for a producer of his own, and they all communicate with "hmu" , like who the hell is gonna hit up someone when they all say the same thing?

You are all acting like diva's expecting everybody else to contact you instead of reaching out the right way. Drop a few comments on a few tracks and you'll find more rappers than you can imagine, or check out that mistery box called "Acapellas", you might actually find something.

Anyways rant over! Let the discussion begin :)))

2. 3102079
    prodbyTezz : Sun 24th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

Anytime i hop over to acapellas its always weird stuff or just stuff that doesnt fit my style. Its just not for everyone.

3. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 25th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

There is no way you can hold a sensible productive discussion about the state of the forums while it's over run with fools, I mean look at this thread it's already swamped with more friggin "looking" posts, there will be no end to it until Looperman intervenes and compartmentalises the collaboration section of this site, it's a total insult to anyone with an IQ over 50 to gaze upon the tripe served up everyday by this continual rapper-producer sideshow, hell they learn a few phrases of urban gobbledegook and condense lyrical content to chasing the bucks and denigrating women, musically it's a dead end street, when HipHop first raised it's head it was more about social/political issues and had a promising future, now it's just a rabble of wannabee pretenders who have no real grasp of music and are more concerned with fitting into the peer pressure intellectual microcube that this genre has created for itself. We hear about a newer version of Looperman coming, I truly hope it will address this blight, I mean how many potentially productive new members take one look at the front page forums and do an immediate about face when they see the appalling state of affairs? how many dedicated members have given up hope and left?....Nobody is denying the right of anyone to use the site as a vehicle for expanding their musical horizons however the situation is totally out of balance and needs some proactive intervention pronto...Mahloo thanks for the opportunity to vent, not that I've ever needed much of an excuse! ;)....also before some bright spark replies saying I can hide the collaborative section in the forum sidebar preferences, this is totally unacceptable and merely papering over the cracks.

4. 588276
    StaticNomad : Mon 25th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

I'm a producer/rapper looking for other producers/rappers or rappers/producers who wanna make a track about producers looking for rappers or rappers looking for producers. Must have good rapping or producing skills. I got both, for real. Hmu!

5. 588276

1 min gone and no one has Hmu? What?

6. 174317
    smallpaul : Mon 25th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

Hey Mahloo, I saw you post 'Not looking for anything' and was instantly drawn! Where do I sign up??

7. 588276

Me and SmallPaul gonna form a group of people not looking for anything. We're gonna come together and create nothing. And then maybe rap on it.

8. 174317

Ha ha love it! Feel free not to join or post anything!

9. 174317

Im overwhelmed by the amount of people not joining or posting anything! I didnt think it would take off like it has! Thanks for all your support!
    Thanks again! smallpaul team! (its just me really!!)

10. 588276

Hmu with your blank Soundclouds. If there's anything on there, that's an instant reject.

11. 588276

Oh and I'm also selling beats. Blank beats. They can be anything you want them to be. You get a perfect starting block and the rest is up to you. 10 dollars each.

12. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Mon 25th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

I never knew nothing can be so succesfull.

@prodbytezz - you have zero tracks, zero comments in and out, I highly doubt you've managed to sort through so many pellas in 4 weeks.

@thread - I'm not selling beats but for as little as nothing I could mix and master your blank tracks and get you closer to success :D

13. 2729850
    keijiwara : Mon 25th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

https://soundcloud.com/levarkhailbeats

hmu xd

14. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Mon 25th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

Okay! The real discussion begins now. I support Shan 100% and here is why. All actions and deferments are his to make, and his only. He does not owe me or you an explanation of his choices or decision making as it pertains to site operations but I am certain he does values and respects our input in order to prioritize site issues and problems. This is the house (website) that Shan has built! He invites us freely into his wonderful house, (metaphorically speaking), to mingle, leave things, and take things in a manner of speaking as long as we abide by the house rules here. Everyone wants this site to look, feel and operate a certain way and we all feel that our way is the best way. He cannot make responsible decisions solely based on the discontentment of a few members here. Site security, new features, and fluid operation should be the top priority and not the monitoring other peoples behaviors who have not broken the written rules as written word for word.

I see that there is another thread touting how great this site is. That guy gets it completely! He evens mentions how you cannot use an apostrophe here and then with that said, he says: Who cares! Now, the Looking thing, I also say who cares! Is that what you really worry about the most here late into the night? C'mon! Stop losing sleep over such a trivial non-issue. If you really want to take back this site, in a manner of speaking, start posting and sharing something yourself of value and interest in the forums like you use to do. On many levels we are all to blame for the Looking, non-issue, as I see it. If we do not all get involved here then a vacuum effect will continue to usurp what was once here. The new kids here on Looperman.com have simply decided to step up their game to be heard in their own way since many of us have fallen asleep. Finally PM Shan and ask him is there anything you can do to help out here. Enjoy your free account and lets all try to be more appreciative guests here for our gracious host Shan or just leave his house (website) with a sincere thank you and then simply grab your coat and shoes (songs, acapellas & loops) and delete your account (walk out that door). Now, get on with your life. And done!

15. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Mon 25th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

I don't see how sweeping the shit under the rug can help this shit. While some of you want to be all guru and zen and chill, you also totally fail to notice that this site is nothing more than a commercial for certain discord groups or soundcloud pages, besides the hit and run stuff for the loops and pellas which from my point of view is the purpose of the site after all. Everybody is entitled to an opinion and each opinion matters but I don't see how asking me or anybody else to leave, just because we disagree on how things are going, will be beneficial to anybody. We have a rants forum for a purpose so I don't get the above lecture.

I for one surely have no trouble closing that door when I walk out and I'm starting to think it might be the best option at the moment. I've been heavily involved with quite a few loopers over the years and it has been a great ride but perhaps I should just stick to gearslutz or the andy sneap forums for now and let all the 14 years olds have fun around here.

16. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Mon 25th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

It is annoying, and is exactly why I just stick to uploading loops. It needs to be cleaned up.

Brado

17. 111346

I'm totally with you Mahloo, though please don't opt out of Looperman please this place really needs your expertise, I like you Joe but be careful up on that self righteous high horse it's a long way to the ground, this problem is an issue that can be readily fixed with a little perceptive management from Looperman, it's as simple as that.

18. 111346

Bloody typos, I've used a word twice that's never muttered by producers...please.

19. 851137
    crucethus : Tue 26th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

Bloody Typos, sounds like an excellent name for a punk band.

carry on.....

20. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Tue 26th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

@ StaticNomad and smallpaul - you guys are hilarious !
    I love that bit above, had me laughing pretty good. We need more humor around here, especially where threads like this are concerned. Too bad Joe put the buzzkill on it. But it was justified.

I don't know, I sympathize with all who have had issue with this topic. I have also been very frustrated at times with all the nonsensical Forum pollution and over abundance of spamming, abuse, and idocy in general by those who come here from other sites with no intention of contributing anything. But I feel that becoming so negative and continually creating anti- looking threads is not helping matters any. Especially when it comes to site bashing or threatening to quit. I get just as bent from this and quite frankly don't see why some people let this shit bother them so much. Like it or not, this site is fueled by activity. The rappers and hip hoppers account for 75 % of the membership and 3/4's of the activity, so they are no going away. Furthermore the people doing the most complaining where this is concerned are for the most part old members who are contributing little to nothing around here anymore. Myself included. So, as Joe pointed out, do us all a favor and chill out or hit the door if its too much for you. Good luck finding something better, because there isn't anything better, Theres plenty that's different, but not better. That's why the membership here has quadrupled in the last few years. Take a look at the users on-line at the bottom of the page and compare it to anytime in the past 10 years. Its more than double.

I'm surprised Shan hasn't booted a few of you winers a long time ago. (Notice I excluded myself from that one)

Anyhow, good rant and when you babies get finished sobbing in self pity, wipe your noses and then check out the new "category filter" button at the top right corner of the Forum main page and free yourself from all that bothers you here.

21. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Tue 26th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

Did I hurt your feelings Neo? Constantly showing people the door when you don't agree with what you read doesn't seem to be a very productive policy,and why would Shan boot any of us? aren't opinions welcomed anymore? I've said numerous times that logging in rarely I do see the changes being made on the site however some important issues are not being addressed (at least as far as a few others and myself are concerned)

I did not threaten to leave, I was casually shown the door, twice so far, and stated I don't have an issue with it, I can just leave my profile up for contact purposes and be done with it.

Honestly I chat with a lot of loopers that arent active on the forums, with some I've developed professional relationships over the years, helped with music stuff, legal stuff and even job placements in the industry for a few. A lot more people stay away from the forums because any serious thread get buried really fast and lacks any response.

This isn't a matter of finding a better site or things like that, sometimes things just have to be said as they are without sugarcoating things.

All opinions are welcomed for sure but stop showing people the door, this isn't a site in China where if you bash the regime you get beheaded or something.

Shan has always been professional to everybody on the site and I don't recall him saying only ass kissing is allowed over here.

22. 2255594
    slava72 : Tue 26th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

Rappers looking for trappers,trappers looking for crappers,i am looking for hot women-producer who can make(i would prefer do it together) "pum-pum" type of bits so i can rap and cr@p over it-next big thing is born!-but to be serious-evrything,what is going on on this site forums is disaster

23. 1
    Looperman : Tue 26th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

As ive said many times before, by all means make use of the forums filter if you dont want to see any sections of it

https://www.looperman.com/settings/forums-sidebar

You may find though that not much is being said outside of a few sections so by all means start interesting topics you want to be involved in. I may even switch off the collabs section for a while as an experiment.

I am working away in the background updating things and have been for quite a while on top of the daily stuff that needs to be done in dealing with spammers and requests from users. Yes the site has grown and grown over the years and that creates more to do to keep it afloat.

If you see a spammer, report them to me. I remove them on a daily basis :)

Things will be ready sooner rather than later and when they are ill be in touch with a few of you to help road test it. In the mean time my ears are open and I welcome suggestions in the following thread.

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/190755/3-things-you-would-change-or-add-on-looperman-wish-list

Yes the new version has a collab section, yes it has a .... section and yes youll be able to ... watch this space.

Be cool with each other and let it be known what you would like to see to make this place better for you

24. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Tue 26th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

That's one of the points of the rant, nothing going on except the "looking for" stuff. A lot of folks moved away from the forum mainly for that reason, and a lot just stick to the loops or tracks sections and that's it, because "looking for" posts are appearing at a 1 per 5 minutes rate and it can quickly hide any other new thread opened.

It's good to hear changes are being made, changes that might be beneficial to the community or whats left of it.

25. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Tue 26th Mar 2019 : 1 month ago

@Mahloo - Don't take anything I say to heart. I'm just here to have fun.

Posts 1 - 25 of 33

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads