LOOKING LOOKING LOOKING

Posts 1 - 25 of 29
  1. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 21st Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

I've just had a look at every "LOOKING" for post in the forums and every single poster has no tracks or loops etc uploaded here, it begs the question, who are these people in relation to Looperman? do they have any intention of ever contributing to Looperman in a constructive way or are they just using the site as a personal bulletin board, it's totally insane to see this ever time I visit the site, something really needs to be done sooner than later.

2. 498019
    Tumbleweed : Fri 22nd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

Hi Dave....by my count there are still a couple of dozen musicians on LM.....sometimes wonder why when the site is now pretty much occupied by pretenders (Producers) with egos that far surpass their abilities...have never experienced a generation like the present one where so little talent passes as acceptable for public consumption......so I admire your efforts to hang in and try the influence the path back to something real....as for me...on an extended break having left my account open just so I can stop in once in a while & check out artists like yourself.....find it easier to hook up with the real musicians in the herd elsewhere....miss some of our old friends who have moved on for various reasons........

3. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Fri 22nd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

Hey Dave and Ed! I was LOOKING forward to you guys saying something about this, well not really, lol. But I know what you mean. The one that gets me is the SINGER, SONGWRITER, and PRODUCER required. Now wait, can someone tell me why I need the other guy if I did all of that? Not for a feature? No thank you! :-)

Although they have not broken any of the written rules here, it can be quite annoying. In part, this LOOKING problem is because we have lost a lot of great artists, musicians, and people here on this site. So what you are seeing now is the vacuum effect aftermath. Also, many of us from the earlier crew no longer write or create posts of substance anymore either. We have gone quiet and do not share any new ideas or knowledge anymore which is another reason why these LOOKING posts will continue. Even despite all of this I think they should still be allowed to post their LOOKING post because global censorship on something as trivial like this is far much worse. I would support a brand new shiny LOOKING word blocking filter as an option but the member must enable it if they want to use it.

4. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Fri 22nd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

Ditto Ed. This is the only place I know where to find a few of you guys so I keep my account open to pop in occasionally in the hopes things have improved.

5. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Fri 22nd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

Another thing, im been very busy with my guitar creations and not recording, so yes I've gone quiet here lately.

6. 1231236
    joecramer : Fri 22nd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

I am often think that lot of the musicians here should looking more for singers just to make "real" tracks :) cause i have the feeling that 90% of the stuff here would need vocals.(for sure all this rap music without vocals and the rock stuff and the pop stuff also and and and)
    Also i got the feeling that 90% of this "they didn't done/post/upload any here" talking comes from people who did/post/uploaded just in the past something but don't do that any more for some reasons.(ok i know this is a bit mean but i had a look on Daves forum posts and comments and uploads etc)
    In a way i got slowly the feeling that all this goes to a point where the "adults" here say - the kids don't do like i want that they have to do, so i stop doing things well and do it the same way they do mmmm doesn't sounds really adult in my ears.
    If all who think things should be done different would do it just so the way they believe the things should be done, most things would go much better.
    I do not want to exclude myself from these idiotic behaviors but sometimes i think i am the only one who sees where the problems really starts. With ourselves and not with them.

7. 2255594
    slava72 : Fri 22nd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

I am looking for serious(mayby not) reletionship with hot women-she can be rapper,trapper,producer,singer-we can have a good time creating new "track" or even two!(it is a joke,in real life i am serious enough)

8. 186161
    Spivkurl : Fri 22nd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

I must wonder which came first, the losing of so many artists from the Looperman community, or the loss of effort which is offered up by so many new members.

It is disheartening, but after all mostly just a distraction.

I've been off working seriously in and on the studio, so it's okay to not visit the Loop too often.

9. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Sat 23rd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

There'a a new updated version of Looperman in the works apparently so I hope this issue is addressed, and the collab section is compartmentalised, so no drama, to me Looperman is like a train station, people come people go and generally they get on with one another and after time they come to really appreciate it, however when a train station is covered in graffiti it loses it's appeal and charm, this is exactly what's happened here, when you see a post producer looking for a rapper and right under it a post rapper looking for a producer it fair dinkum does your head in, or hey bro I emailed you....it's like going to a parallel universe where the highest level of education is the third grade.

10. 847669
    EricMilligan : Sat 23rd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

Dave, I think you really hit on something important in your first post on this thread. It bothers me as well that Looperman is being used so much by producers who don't contribute to the site. I typically track to their profile to see what they've done and far too often I find nothing here. Sometimes, they provide a link to SC. That's annoying, although I think understand why they want to be there. But, contributing to this community is really important to maintain its vitality and value. It's much more than just a musical dating service.

That being said, I've posted virtually nothing for the past year. It's been a fallow period for me, musically. Don't know why, but I do know it has happened to other members. For me stress blocks my ability/interest in composing. Or, in my case, it might just be advancing old age? :)

I live in hope that, somehow, I will soon return as a worthy contributor to the Looperman community. There's no place I'd rather be.

11. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Sat 23rd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

Be the change you want to see. Well when things change with my situation I'll happily contribute loops and tracks once again. My participation is very limited and has been for some time due to my only internet acess is through my mobile phone with limited data. I like checking in occasionally to see who's still around and if there's interesting discussions in the forums. I like discussing home made instruments but that seems of very little interest here.

12. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Sat 23rd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

Times are changing. The advent of the home "producer" encourages this type of search. There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs to be consolidated to a "Help Wanted" section, problem solved.

13. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Sat 23rd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

The problem is not using a computer to create music, it's the expectation that others should do it all for you.... seems the way of the younger generations.

14. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sat 23rd Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

There are days where it feel like browsing craigslist around here, except without the cool audio gear for sale.

Truly the most frustrating part is what PJB mentioned... when there is someone looking for one thing, right above some offering that same thing.

Why are they so important that they must start their own thread instead of responding to the one that is offering exactly what they are looking for?

My only explanation is that they are really just using an opportunity to post an outside link and get plays. Plus, responding to a thread would be participating in Looperman, which is obviously not their intent.

15. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Mon 25th Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

I just responded to a thread, posted the response, hit refresh and 5 "looking for " threads appeared out of thin air, it spreads faster than E.Coli

16. 308224
    theHumps : Mon 25th Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

Lets hope something gets done about it soon in the forums. It's old and bringing interest in this place in the wrong direction. Participation is great and expected but it's implied that spamming the forums gets us nowhere. It's spam, plain and simple. SC members should use their own forum instead of cluttering the forums here unless they want to get involved. But that isn't happening anytime soon.

So how do they get forum access? That is where the solution is found. Give forum access to people who contribute, not just sign up and ask. Remember this place is a resource and a community, it's in the title. Many of the hit and run posters have no resources, loops, tracks, they don't contribute in any way. Why grant them forum access?

17. 828980
    Burtsbluesboxes : Mon 25th Feb 2019 : 3 years ago

Nailed it Wayne.

18. 2255594
    slava72 : Mon 4th Mar 2019 : 3 years ago

small subscription fee whould weed off "hit and run" buggers and could help to maintain site,"rappers, trappers and producers" dont contribute,they only steal and spam,i dont think they whoud be very "happy" to know that in order to post their spam they should pay 3-5 $ per month-solution is simple,Bang!!!!

19. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Tue 5th Mar 2019 : 3 years ago

I wouldn't pay for a subscription to simply make conversation, slava. That's a terrible idea. Shan just needs to make it where you have to contribute a minimum number of loops to be able to access the forums.

20. 2847139
    RareKaiju : Tue 5th Mar 2019 : 3 years ago

I made an account months ago, but actually started messaging recently so how is someone stealing if they ask for a rapper or producer?

21. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 5th Mar 2019 : 3 years ago

@RareKaiju...how on earth did you interpret this thread as meaning your stealing if you canvas for a rapper or producer? I think you may be labouring under an inferiority complex or suffering from some recidivist laden guilty conscience.

22. 2847139

"dont contribute,they only steal and spam," -slava72

23. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Tue 5th Mar 2019 : 3 years ago

One remark doesn't set the agenda for this thread, better to address the real problem the forums are experiencing.

24. 2847139

I never said it did, I was just replying to what Slava said.

25. 2255594
    slava72 : Tue 5th Mar 2019 : 3 years ago

Rarekaiyu-I said what i said and i will not take my words back, period

Posts 1 - 25 of 29

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.