Never Pay For A Collab

Posts 1 - 5 of 5
  1. 2891621
    Rycon : Mon 18th Feb 2019 : 9 months ago

Hey guys, I am Singer, songwriter, producer, musician etc. I usually never collab with anyone however there is a lot of great talent on here, and I would like to see what I could produce with another artist. The only thing is a couple of times I have actually liked someones work they usually ask to pay for the beat. Am i alone in this or has anyone else had this happen? Because personally I would never pay for a beat a collaboration in my eyes is 2 or more people creating a song together. What do you guys think?

2. 669751
    djoctx : Tue 19th Feb 2019 : 9 months ago

The question is very simples to answer.
    A lot of people on Looperman thinks that all the producers, singers and songwriters here should not charge nothing but it is a wrong way to think.

Collab is a collaboration between 2 artists/producers (You both start a song from zero without pay nothing) as a deal. But now exclusive contents, beats, vocal or lyric for commercial use is something totally different.

If you want to use some content and work with it in future productions with commercial intentions and the producer just do paid works you will probably should pay something.

Music is everything in my life but let's be honest. Everybody here needs to pay bills. A lot of the big artists pay for be on the top of the charts, get more views and consequently to have more sucess.
    That's the life we are living and every work have a price.

Deal with it bro :)

3. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Tue 19th Feb 2019 : 9 months ago

Ditto, djoctx!

4. 2891621
    Rycon : Tue 19th Feb 2019 : 9 months ago

Yeah I agree with everything you said, very straight forward I just think there should be a thread for artist that truly want to collab not just buy beats. I think if your a rap artist it makes sense to buy a beat. But I think it would be cool. For a section for artist that want to start a song from the beginning together.

Deal with it bro :)

5. 1209392
    Northshore98 : Thu 21st Feb 2019 : 9 months ago

https://soundcloud.com/offdahshore

Posts 1 - 5 of 5

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.