Static In FL Studio

Posts 1 - 9 of 9
  1. 1772023
    belac22 : Wed 13th Feb 2019 : 8 months ago

So in my FL project, there's this static sound when it builds (I think its underruns?) and even when I export its in the wav. I've checked every single layer and none of the audio is making this? How do I solve this?

2. 585633
    topvega : Thu 14th Feb 2019 : 8 months ago

What are the specs of your computer? What DAW? How many inputs do you run and how many are sample based?

3. 585633

Never mind the DAW part. :) Wish there was an edit button. Would feel less of a dumb-ass.

tv

4. 1772023
    belac22 : Thu 14th Feb 2019 : 8 months ago

Hey TV :)

I'm running an Intel Core i5 at 2.30 GHz with 32 Gigs of RAM and a 64-bit system.

There are 8 tracks running where the crackling and popping starts, 5 audio files and 3 samples.

5. 585633

And you are sure all tracks are not armed to record? Your system looks like it should not have a problem running that.
    The only time I get pops is when I have tried to make my latency super low, like way lower than I need to. But that would only account for an armed track I would think.

6. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 14th Feb 2019 : 8 months ago

You don't say what version of FL you are using, but either way it is likely one of two things...

1) Digital clipping. Save a new version of your project. Make sure all channels are routed to mixer tracks other than the master, and then route those mixer tracks to the master. Select all of the mixer tracks. Slide a fader down by a dB or two. This will move all of the faders down by a relative amount. Now re-export.

The master mixer track can digitally clip from signals past 0dB, leading to loss of audio information on both playback and render.

2) A plugin or plugins behaving badly. Save a new copy of your project. While playing the project, disable each generator plugin and effect plugin, one at a time. If disabling a specific one makes the project play fine, then it is likely the culprit. Changing certain wrapper settings for the plugin can sometimes help with these problems.

Alternately, you can seek help regarding the specific plugin at the image line forum... or just replace it with something else, leading to new inspiration.

7. 1772023
    belac22 : Thu 14th Feb 2019 : 8 months ago

Hey Spivkurl, thanks! That worked! My guitar amp effect was acting up (ugh ugh) so I saved a new version of the project and reinstalled the plugin and finally...It's GONE! Thanks all who helped :)

8. 585633

Awesome. Cheers to Spiv.

tv

9. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 14th Feb 2019 : 8 months ago

Sweet! I'm glad that helped!

I've been helping with beta testing on FL for the past couple of years. It has limited the time actually being creative, but has also increased my knowledge of FL.

I hope you are upgraded to version 20.1.2, which is in the release candidate stage at this point. It is sincerely one of the best workflow experiences I've had in FL. The amount of actual composition and recording I've done in the last couple of week even surprises me, and it is partly due to the stability and comfort of this FL version.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads