Classic Albums And Tracks Discussion Threads Idea

Posts 1 - 7 of 7
  1. 1
    Looperman : Thu 24th Jan 2019 : 3 months ago

I've had an idea for a while to start some threads where people can discuss albums that they feel are worth listening to.

With this in mind Ill be creating threads where ill post a youtube video where you can hear a complete album and then everyone have their say on it.

If you want to see an album added please get in touch and let me know the album and why you think it should be included and ill create the post. This is not limited to any genre or style. Its simply a way to try and share what you think is great with others.

There wont be any more then one per day and maybe only one per week.

Please dont start these threads yourself, get in touch and ill post them for you. I say this so that we can give each post a while in the spotlight.

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/191255/caotd-001-brian-eno-thursday-afternoon
    https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/191304/caotd-002-black-sabbath-black-sabbath

2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Thu 24th Jan 2019 : 3 months ago

Neat idea! Some albums come to mind right away... I'll think on it.

3. 1547231
    Lek : Thu 24th Jan 2019 : 3 months ago

How long before someone posts a link to their SoundCloud? :o)

4. 630386
    JoeFunktastic : Thu 24th Jan 2019 : 3 months ago

I am torn between two albums and coincidentally it is by the same artist. The 1970 release of Curtis Mayfield's album self entitled: CURITIS.

The other one is the soundtrack from the movie called: SuperFly! Great movie btw! Ha ha, I know, but I remember playing these vinyl records back then people. Out of respect for rules that were mentioned I did not include a link.

Curtis Mayfield's brand of funk is a deeper kind of funk than James Brown, Issac Hayes or George Clinton's Bands. Curtis Mayfield is the master of psychedelic funk. This brand of funk does not always conform to the norms in funk music or music in general because there was a lot of musical improvisation and sometimes random techniques that he would deploy. His brand of psychedelic funk which has hints of jazz, rnb, soul, and even psychedelic rock places him in category all his own. His electric keyboards, like his clavinet, rhodes, and EP's, and his full brass section, and his percussion like bongos, bells and congas, puts Curtis Mayfield way over top when I stack him up against other funk artists during his time. His velvety smooth vocals are quite awesome as well! The rhythmic sounds of his music stands out in both of these albums but they are not really known for any melodies per se. Pop songs then where good for melodies back then.

But when I want to get really gritty and hard I turn to Hendrix. Too many great albums from him to choose from as well.

5. 1547231
    Lek : Thu 24th Jan 2019 : 3 months ago

I don't think Venetian Snares has released any albums which aren't really good (and he's released loads!) but 'Rossz Csillag Alatt Született' is my favourite album of all time. The mix of classical and breakcore almost makes you think they belong together and you probably would never think that before you play it.

6. 1
    Looperman : Thu 24th Jan 2019 : 3 months ago

Rather than a list of albums posted here in this thread contact me and ill post them one by one for discussion.

Episode 1 is here

https://www.looperman.com/forum/thread/191255/caotd-001-brian-eno-thursday-afternoon

7. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Mon 28th Jan 2019 : 3 months ago

Just saw this. Awesome idea !

Posts 1 - 7 of 7

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads