From Demo To Master - FREE 8 Part Mixing And Production Course By Waves

Please Be Creative

Posts 1 - 6 of 6
  1. 2810961
    xNima : Wed 9th Jan 2019 : 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone. I know I might sound ungrateful and kinda snobby with this one and I perhaps might have to apologize for that in advance, but I've noticed that sooo many people who "use my loops" in fact just add a generic 808 style trap beat to it and that's literally it. Like, come on people. Be creative! Make a little effort! How am I supposed to like something I've heard millions of times before? Be original, please! It can't really be that hard. Try different genres, try adding more instruments, different sounds, different styles, different techniques. Give me an actual reason to listen to your projects!

2. 2756815
    catatau5 : Wed 9th Jan 2019 : 2 weeks ago

The thing is: In trap/hip hop less is more and the simpler the better

3. 2953779
    prizewell : Wed 9th Jan 2019 : 2 weeks ago

I've grown to liking Looperman for the fact it's a solid community of artist's supporting artists. I try and find creatives who step out the box no matter the genre, and spreading originality. For those that know, I've already commented on those tracks. Far too often, we always try and ride the wave of what's hot and that's understandable, but I grow tired of the same beat everyone is making on LM and rap in general. I've actually commented more on non 'hip hop' tracks than 'hip hop' tracks. 10 out of 10 times, people who make beats, will not get signed (if thats their ultimate goal) or get placed on a record for the simple fact 100 beats submitted sound the same. Let's try and push the boundaries of music. Learn it, understand it. Stop trying to be 'lit' all the time and try to relate to everyone in the crowd.

4. 1547231
    Lemonization : Thu 10th Jan 2019 : 1 week ago

catatau5 is absolutely right. As I've said a few times before, trap/hip-hop has gradually been more and more simplified over the years. The aim being for rappers to be able to get their output out there without having to mess around with all that writing music nonsense. While there is such a large audience for it, it will continue.

This though causes a problem for all those hip hop/trap bedroom producers out there who don't rap as they then mostly become redundant. All a rapper has to do is exactly as xNima has said.

So to answer your question xNima, things aren't going to change anytime soon as that is the demand at the moment.

5. 186161
    Spivkurl : Tue 15th Jan 2019 : 1 week ago

This is an interesting change in reaction. It was not that long ago when I was told that complex layering is the key to better hip hop.

What has changed?

6. 1041668
    wikkid : Tue 15th Jan 2019 : 1 week ago

Hi xNima,

One can only hope that the people you are talking about will read this.

But you could probably help out newbies and others who simply take your loops and add an 808 by responding when they post the link of their creation on your loop thread. That way you may be able to guide them into expanding the possibilities of what can be done with their use of your loop, its up to you.

Of course you may get some who simply ignore your advice, since we all are blessed with free will.

Spivurl, if I may attempt to answer to your question, imho its subjective. There are producers who layer and create some wonderful pieces of music. Others go sparse and raw, and are able to make enjoyable tunes. It just depends. Based on what the OP is talking about, there are some people downloading loops and simply adding an 808 (without tuning it to the key the loop is in). It's done rather quickly, with a posted link to soundcloud. Its possible these are individuals new to music, and in time they will realize it takes more than technology to come up with a worthwhile composition in order to attract a large fan base.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Latest Blog Comments
Featured Fusion Track