How Long Do You Spend Making A Loop

Posts 1 - 4 of 4
  1. 2159630
    SINExWAVE : Sat 22nd Dec 2018 : 9 months ago

how long does it take to write a few bars

2. 186161
    Spivkurl : Sun 23rd Dec 2018 : 9 months ago

It depends how you do it. If you just hook up an instrument, or play your MIDI keyboard, then it shouldn't take long. Once it's recorded like that, most of the time will be spent making sure it is exported or edited to fit the looperman criteria.

Time might be saved by creating a project of several types of instruments, which you feel go together (same tempo, time sig, key, or whatever). Then export each instrument at an appropriate loop length. Then you have several loops.

3. 2758601
    808ice : Fri 4th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

Writing a melody takes me roughly about 5 minutes. If it takes more than 5 minutes, I delete everything and start again, possibly with a different approach/key.

4. 1564425
    Rasputin : Fri 4th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

Depends on how intrinsically complex is the loop. If it is simply a recording of me playing the keyboard, as it sometimes is, then it will probably take me about an hour to complete... and that includes the various tweaking I might add to it (EQ, compression, etc.)

A more complex loop, like me layering 7 instances of my singing voice together, will take much longer, like, 2 to 2.5 hrs. Before collapsing all the layers together, I first have to ensure that each line sounds good by itself.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.