Sick And Tired Of X TYPE Loops

Posts 1 - 17 of 17
  1. 2159630
    SINExWAVE : Wed 12th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

Why not label the loop as your own

2. 1540447
    natjamesworld : Wed 12th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

It's a good point but tbh.. I think it works well as a marketing technique. When we see a type loop or beat we can understand the style before even listening. I think it saves time; as a rapper i've confidently skipped over 100s of beats knowing I'm not missing the potential banger i'm looking for

3. 2159630

i get your point man

never thought of it like that

cheers for reply

rory

4. 2218354
    Sorus : Wed 12th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

What Natjamesworld said is true, Im an active up loader for loops to this site and I notice that when I title my loops with a specific Artists name, people already can expect that vibe and sound that the loop will give. Sometimes the title can be the difference for getting 1000 downloads or 100 downloads. Just like cover / album art, you need something to grab the viewers attention, so titling something with an artist grabs the attention of fans of that particular artist.

5. 2159630

thanks dude ... ill take note of that,,,,
    thanks for writing a really good comment as well

my trouble is i only listen to records from the 90's and ive not listened to the radio in 20 years

6. 2218354
    Sorus : Wed 12th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

Yea I feel you. Music is all about appealing to the majority you know and posting tracks and loops with titles with artists is does appeal to the majority

7. 186161
    Spivkurl : Wed 12th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

"Music is all about appealing to the majority" - Jeez, I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit.

8. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 13th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

Hardly any of you producer types play an instrument and yet you think you know something about music! Learn to make your own music and stop whining or get out of the kitchen.

9. 1041668
    wikkid : Thu 13th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

OP, You have a valid question. I use loops and create music. I won't add to the already excellent answers you've received. Just something regarding my own experience.

When I began playing bass, my idols were Larry Graham and Jaco Pastorius, so the music I began creating was highly influenced by their styles. Even back in the day, prominent musicians "sampled" licks from other players and put it in their music (especially during live shows, I found this technique was received enthusiastically when I'd play R&B).

As times changed, I learned to change with it, but I still have a love for the funk and jazz. I tend to look for loops that have a throw-back quality, but I still listen to both old and new loops on this site, whether they list a particular artist's sound or not, so that I don't overlook a gem.

10. 2218354
    Sorus : Thu 13th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

PlanetJazzBass, its pretty offending that you say that since I know multiple producers on this site that probably play more and better instruments than you do. For instance, I play 5 different instruments. I dont want to talk about different subjects on this threat but you really dont have a place to say something like that. If you look at my loops they are mostly piano pieces Iv wrote myself and played out on a midi controller. There are lots of talented producers on this site that will blow you away if you give them a chance, Its sad that you have to come here and say something like that, its almost like youre saying that modern music doesnt take any talent, but Just because you can play an instrument doesnt mean youre talented. I can play 5 and still consider myself a mediocre musician. So lets keep opinions to ourselves.

11. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Thu 13th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

I said hardly "any" and that means not all, I'm well aware of talented producers out there and I've acknowledged this in the past, but the majority are as I described, if you get this easily offended, think of all the garbage your peers dump in the forums on a daily basis.

12. 1547231
    Lek : Thu 13th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

I see the reason for naming beats in this way however I do find it sad that people are not only trying to copy other artists' styles but being totally open about doing it. If, as a producer you want to stand out from the crowd, the last thing you would want to do surely is blatantly copy someone else? I guess this also ties in with the "Music is all about appealing to the majority" comment. If that is your approach to music production how do you possibly get any satisfaction from it? Do your own thing guys and try and be original or at least maybe be inspired by a type of beat but try and put your own twist on it. Or something.

13. 2159630
    SINExWAVE : Thu 13th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

i like this comment,, its the way i think as well

i wasn't very good at making samples when i found looperman i decided to get better at it ""to the point where ive made 700 samples in a year not all are good but there all inspired by loops found on looperman,,, ive only got two records

sizzla --be i strong
    alpha blondie --Jerusalem

and haven't listened to the radio since the 90's

thanks to everyone taking part in this forum and i hope it gets noticed for a couple of days and maybe make some people use there own name or make one up like minor2go hes the king

:)

14. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Thu 13th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

@Sorus - Which instruments do you play man?

@thread - It's a hip-hop thing, everybody is doing "X" type beats and loops, it helps them get attention using the name of an already popular artist.

15. 1041668
    wikkid : Thu 13th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

While using loops of a recognizable style may not be everyone's choice, they can help modernize a tune in order to appeal to current musical tastes, that's how I read the "Music is all about appealing to the majority" comment.

And that's why I enjoy using them. It takes skill to do this, and its not like it wasn't done in some form by musicians back in the day.

It's also a good marketing tool, as others have stated. When I find one that fits my taste, I'll go take a look at the rest of the loops a producer has on this site. Many times I've marked that looper as a favorite and ended up downloading other loops from them.

16. 1463856
    laerisreal : Thu 13th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

X died

17. 1547231
    Lek : Thu 13th Dec 2018 : 11 months ago

I've got some RIP X type beats if anyone's interested

Posts 1 - 17 of 17

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads