From Demo To Master - FREE 8 Part Mixing And Production Course By Waves

How Would One Blow Up In This Cutthroat Industry

Posts 1 - 15 of 15
  1. 1391143
    sunnydas01 : Fri 7th Dec 2018 : 3 days ago

I've been making music for a solid 5 years. I'm 17 years old now and i've been consistently putting out tracks since I was 14. Recently my tracks have gotten increasingly better quality wise and energy wise. I have a small following on soundcloud (almost 200 followers).

Here's an example of one of my songs for a good idea of what it sounds like.

https://www.looperman.com/tracks/detail/199863
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    (Feel free to give me advice on how to improve as well)

Can anyone give me any tips on how to get noticed? I'm beginning to give up. I've tried many things and i'm not seeing much progress. Thank you all for any of your responses. I appreciate the time you take out your day to help people like be LOL

2. 1391143
    sunnydas01 : Fri 7th Dec 2018 : 3 days ago

I'm specifically talking about the Hip hop/Rap community btw but feel free to talk about anything! I'm more than willing to get exposure to all thoughts!

3. 2524892
    MSmusic11 : Fri 7th Dec 2018 : 3 days ago

Hey bro i sent you an email. I would have replied directly in the forum but I didn't want to leave too long of a message.

4. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Fri 7th Dec 2018 : 3 days ago

There's no secret formula, the fact that your thinking of giving up at 17 is a direct reflection of your problem, making music is all about the journey and the actual music if along the way financial success comes your way well good for you however if your main goal is fame and glory maybe you should consider your actual thread title as a means to this end, start rapping and then blow yourself up during the performance, painful but surely an attention getter.

5. 631823
    Mahloo13 : Fri 7th Dec 2018 : 3 days ago

Definitely not by giving up. There isn't a formula for success and money makes money and it needs time as any investment does so the formula is not giving up I guess.

Cool song by the way, however you need better recordings on your vocals and less distortion on the songs.

6. 1547231
    Lemonization : Fri 7th Dec 2018 : 3 days ago

I agree with @Planetjazzbass. Too many people on here are only in it for the money rather than trying to produce great music. Unfortunately, in music as in all walks of life, there will always be people who aren't very good who make it and people who are brilliant but don't so I don't think whether you're successful or not is necessarily directly linked to the quality of your output.

Personally, I just want to get my music heard more than anything else. I mean it would be great to make a living from it, but I'm realistic enough to know it's unlikely to ever happen.

Keep plugging away, refine your art and you never know, one day something might happen. But just be prepared that it also might not.

7. 1581687
    2nick8 : Fri 7th Dec 2018 : 2 days ago

Try strapping a bomb around u. I'm sure you'll explode

8. 994534
    Neomorpheus : Fri 7th Dec 2018 : 2 days ago

Do something that nobody else is doing instead of the same thing everybody else is doing. Picture if you will, looking at a parking lot of all white cars. Even from a slight distance a 2003 white Ferrari Enzo valued at 3.7 million dollars blends in with all the others that pale in comparison. Change the paint color to the famous "rossa corsa" (Ferrari red) and its unmistakable. Maybe not the best representative example but you get the idea. I'm not suggesting you quit doing hiphop/rap, even though its completely saturated with artists and that in itself makes it an increasingly difficult market to find a niche. But instead, try blazing your own trail in some distinct way to set yourself apart from all the others.

9. 2229378
    GarrenHayes : Fri 7th Dec 2018 : 2 days ago

What my high school teacher told me is to make connections. Get to know other producers and have the intention of making friends with them. Who knows where it'll lead you to but its not a bad idea to make friends around the community.

10. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Sat 8th Dec 2018 : 2 days ago

"I've been making music for a solid 5 years"

In the music industry that is practically no time at all. Keep honing your craft, and don't make getting noticed be your goal - make improvement and creativity your goal, and keep trying as you improve to get noticed.

Peace,

Brado

11. 620897
    RameyRae : Sat 8th Dec 2018 : 2 days ago

To realize it’s not cutthroat at all?

12. 620897
    RameyRae : Sat 8th Dec 2018 : 2 days ago

Most talent meant at stereotypical industry levels can’t afford to bring that talent in. Certain artists recycle top number slots. And not a lot of profit is made as its hyped up to be. They rotate the “supply” to divert the demand not being at the numbers said. Most times they are buying their own tickets to give out to full sears. It’s to keep the illusion going. Daily showcases happen cause there is so much talent out there it’s ruducyousky. Though think about it. If we all spend our funds to all these artists. Wouldn’t our net worth have to increase a few slots in salary? I’d its so around the clock when most pretty much wont she’ll out to eat out at times

Also a huge inclination on why not many new “upcomings” are brought in at marketing levels, depending on the label. Slots. Who’s willing to conform or not. It’s entertsinmrnt! A constant role play. Contractual agreements with consequences on end! Despite talent or not. Heck most of our stuff on the goes into music

Celebs and talent scouts agencies labels they don’t mind shaving costs if they can sample browsing sites like this

Just do your own thing! As you are! That’s making it

Whether you want the industry for real I ain’t hating! I support!

In my life? It’s like confirming to chasing a carrot on stick example: YouTube is briadcasted as a rare online marketing tool. Hope there were so many others back then too! However if you want to go YouTube you’re also going corporate. So if you’re gonna try to get “discovered” whoever still controls who you’re visible to and what not. Just like any hosting service. The dark web was where it was at

You’d know same users to be in which chat room at what time lol

Don’t give up on what you love doing. It’s just what is. Being transparent
    Keep rocking!
    -Verse Harmony
    “Harmonizing hearts one beat at a time!”

13. 691199
    Modnex : Sat 8th Dec 2018 : 2 days ago

Like most things, it's not always what you know but who you know. The more people you know in the industry, the better your chances of success. Becoming an artist who pays their bills off of their art is not something that is easy to achieve.

You want success? Put yourself out there anyway you can; Street performing, rap battles, renting out a venue for a night. Go the whole nine yards. The more people you expose yourself to, the better your chances of making a name for yourself and getting discovered. People film everything these days, use that to your advantage, film yourself if you have to.

Successful people are successful because they do whatever it takes to achieve their goals regardless of the cost. Step out of your comfort zone and do not take no for an answer.

14. 1414881
    BradoSanz : Sat 8th Dec 2018 : 2 days ago

@Modnex, I dont think exposing yourself to people will end one anywhere but jail LOL

kidding

15. 691199
    Modnex : Sat 8th Dec 2018 : 2 days ago

@Brado Haha ha ha.... the trick is to not get caught..

Kidding... or am I?

Posts 1 - 15 of 15

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads
Latest Blog Comments
Featured Hip Hop Track