Posted in : Forum : Site Ideas And Suggestions
Have an idea on how we could improve the site let us know here. Please take a look at the ideas already submitted first though so that we dont end up with duplicate threads.
1st, maybe a live chat that would enable members logged in to ask another member about a loop they want more info on.
2nd, a way to post a "PM" (private message) to another member. Of course also a notice of a PM to the member that shows up on the member's page if logged in.
My opinion. If it isnt broken, dont fix it.
I do however miss the photo section and the ability to upload images. Its always interesting to see other artists gear or even see a visual example of a workaround or solution for issues that may be shared by several members.
1. How about including custom genre...
2....and the ability to edit/delete all kinds of posts.
alrighty ive got another one, put a cap on how many loops you can upload at a time, because when somebody uploads 30 loops right after you uploaded yours that you worked pretty hard on, your loop gets lost in the masses and its kinda disappointing.
DD... Why would Shan limit uploads of the exact thing which is what brings new users to the site? Loops!
Tons of people have asked for this, for the same reason. It is up to you to adjust what you do, or your attitude, if it bothers you.
I personally upload lots of loops in a short amount of time. I do this because many of my loops come from projects which I chose not to turn into complete songs. Generally this is done after I release an album from that era of composition. I get what I can for useful loops from each project. I name them so they are obviously "together," and I upload them one after another.
If your loops are not getting downloaded enough, then this is not the likely reason why. It is more likely that they are not titled, tagged, or described well enough to come up in the searches people do.
It is a long term commitment when you upload a loop. It is not an exercise in instant gratification. I still get comments from people using my loops which were uploaded years ago, and that makes me happy.
1) be able to upload loops with more than one layer to them e.g a flute and piano
2) follow mode
3) a more interactive homepage with competitions running and top ranking/rated loops
4) new website design, its been the same since for years and looks heavily outdated
5) more clear profile links clicking on the picture is not first nature
6)view comments without having to go to another tab from the loop
7) a monetisation scheme with loops
1. Subforums - This could be a thing that could change things for the better, although it requires a change in the site's format. Basically on the front page, in the "from the forums" section, you would have the last post from each particular subforum, basically make subforums based on genre's like Urban, Rock, Pop, Metal, Country, Electronic and World/Ethnic, each of them with their own subforums for collabs, general discussion, song promotion, etc. Along these subforums you would have a general messages forum, tips and tricks forum, and anything else that might fit the bill and wouldn't fall into the other categories. I think this would get rid of all the problems with the general flooding of the forums that we see right now.
2. Increase the number of characters for descriptions of songs, pellas and loops.
3. Private message system, basically you would get a notification through e-mail when you receive a message, and when you log into the site you have a tab on your profile with PM's. Also it would be nice to have the ability to respond to their PM from there as well instead of going to their profile and using the contact me tab.
@Mahloo13 - Yeah I like all 3.
Have you seen the new Darktheme idea?
@Neomorpheus - That theme looks great, and I like what you did with the forum tabs.
Just one that I can think of...tracks that are offered with downloads to include bpm in the description or somewhere. It's a task trying to figure out bpm and this information would save time and help me (and hopefully others :-)) when cutting and pasting parts.
I've been here a little while and whenever I come back after a period of time there is something different...paint, furniture, customers, something that has changed. So, thanks Shan!!! We all want stuff, but you are doing a good job. :-)
What about a "favorite posters/users" list per section ? ( acapellas / loops / tracks )
1: change profile info and bio
2: make a dark theme or something like that.
3: search for keywords in the forums
a VERSE/HOOK/FULL SONG filter in the acapella section PLEASE !!!!!
I would like some things to be changed here on the site.
1 - A session only explaining what is commercial and non-commercial use. Many producers do not understand or simply do not know what that is. Several singers who post their vocals here are harmed by undue and unbridled commercial use of the vocals without the proper permission. I was one of them myself so many times.
2 - Enable the option to put e-mail in the description (EMAIL ONLY) because many producers want to negociate vocals directly with the singer or make collaborations but the truth is that ALMOST NO ONE will waste time going in the profile of the singer to look for the email and enter in touch. (Speaking the truth)
3 - Add an option for the singer to select when he is doing a new upload of new vocals, if the vocal is open for free commercial, non-commercial use or e-mail negotiation. Like a confirmation box.
4 - Display a window with contact information of the singer at the moment the producers click to download.
Now a rather personal request. Do not make the site so limited, people just want the site to get better, get stronger every day. Help those who share their work with other producers. I have great pleasure in lending my voice to other producers to use in non-commercial or commercial production, but there are many ill-intentioned people, I am sure that if this was done a lot of things here would improve.
Searching for loops is a bit wonky in my opinion. Not sure what can be done about it though.
Make it easier to report spam replies on loops?
(External sites like Soundcloud are fine in my opinion as long as the link is relevant the the loop)
If lofi isn't a genre already make it one? Plenty of lofi loops out there with thousands of downloads.
idk im kinda nooby to looperman things.
A user blocking feature.
Where the blocked person can't see our track, and we can't see theirs :)
1. you can upload/ download midi files
2.(several said it but i wanna say it again) being able to follow other users.
3. and a private message system. (I'm not entirely sure if there is one already)
This thread is getting long!
Shan what have you got yourself into ?
As I sift through this there's a lot of good ideas being presented. Some are more beneficial than others, some are most probably easier accomplished than others, some are strange and some are definitely not practical or in line with the site. But when you open something up to suggestion like this, the sky's the limit. I think aside from the ideas themselves, seeing this much participation is a very positive indication. That may be Shans real reason for starting the thread OR maybe it's more of a clever stall tactic. Shan is a very clever guy after all.
I have not actually crunched any numbers but it seems to me like the site is consistently growing in popularity. I notice many new avatars in the forums and upload sections and the users on-line list at the bottom of the page has more than doubled in size in the last couple of years. If I'm not mistaken "Total Members" data used to be disclosed in the stats section but it is now surreptitious.
Anyhow, I think Shan is up to something and its going to be good. Is it going to be groundbreaking, is it going to totally change Looperman overnight into something different ?!!??
No. No its not. Looperman is a unique entity that works and works well just the way it is. I think that many, if not most of the people weighing in on this thread really doesn't realize Loopermans mission statement. I'm not saying that there is little to no chance of some of these ideas seeing fruition. A few are reasonable and will most likely make the cut. But honestly, the majority of what is being suggested will not. Why, because its not within the scope of what makes this place what it is and what has served as Loopermans recipe for success.
I urge everyone who reads this to go here and learn what Looperman is, learn who Shan is and what his vision for the site was from the beginning and will continue to be until he shuts it down.
Oops, thats right, sorry Minor2go started the thread.
Forget everything I said.
1.mobile friendly site. I have a large phone and I still have to zoom in every time I hit a link. It's frustrating. The site has been the same, for the most part, as far as navigation is concerned for years. But the tech used to view the site has changed by leaps and bounds. This is really the only thing that comes to mind consistently while using the site.
2. Follow feature
And my third would be use of emojis and other things that have become common place with using technology over the years, but this might go along with my #1of being mobile friendly.
Add "play all" on Tracks page.
This will enable me to play all the tracks I uploaded.
a mobile version of the website would be nice
I think having a play counter beside loops (like for tracks) would be really useful to see how many people listened but didn't download.
1. "Future Bass" in the genre tab would be AMAZING, because there are so many future bass drum loops and wobbly synths here! It would be a lot easier to find future bass samples that way.
2. Layered loops. I had to split some loops appart, just because I couldn´t upload them because they were "layered". I know that it´s easier to work with seperated loops (for example just a flute loop rather than maybe a synth bass and a flute layered) but I think layering loops would just be a little more comfortable.
3. Allow dots/dashes when naming loops please.
But everything else is perfect!
! You need to Log In or Register to post here.
Be the first to hear about new posts and offers
Copyright © 2020
Looper Time : 2020-01-22 15:42:51 | Version l-3110