3 Things You Would Change Or Add On Looperman - Wish List

Posts 51 - 75 of 164
  1. 2663871
    draffish : Mon 17th Dec 2018 : 10 months ago

1 - hiding another user's loops
    some people on here just don't provide the types of loops i'd like to use or see and it would be nice if i could 'hide' them from the website, and have them on some sort of list in the settings to un-hide them.

2 - decimals in bpm
    self explanatory haha

3 - as paganini said, themes would be nice. this one sure does show it's age, but it's also somewhat of a staple to the website so i'm not too sure.

either way, this website is amazing. thank you!

2. 1547231
    Lek : Fri 21st Dec 2018 : 10 months ago

I know this is the fourth item I've added (sorry), but this could be quite an easy thing to do(??) as 'Collaborations' will be remaining a forum topic for the foreseeable future...

Can we have a genre dropdown when creating a collaborations forum topic and then be able to filter by that in the list of forums that we wish or don't wish to see. Yes, ok, ok, ok I would be using it to filter out rap, hip hop, trap and all it's variants but if people only want to see those genres then they can do that as well. Thanks.

3. 631933
    MWRatridge : Fri 21st Dec 2018 : 10 months ago

I would love to see a follow option for your favourite Looper artists.

Mark.

4. 1564425
    Rasputin : Fri 21st Dec 2018 : 10 months ago

Golly, wouldn't monetization be cool! Even if it were quite small, like 5 PayPal cents per download. I could sure use a small income boost such as this.

5. 1525882
    NikkoBeats1 : Mon 24th Dec 2018 : 10 months ago

Total profile downloads displayed along Bio.

Just an idea.

6. 2159630
    SINExWAVE : Mon 24th Dec 2018 : 10 months ago

hey dudes ive not read much of this thread but if its not been mentioned id like to see

1 -----view counter per loop

2---- total download counter per profile

i cant think of another thing cause i think this site is very well done by the people who run it i believe the boss is called shan

have a happy Christmas

ive just thought of another id like the people who randomly post check out my tracks on threads that have nothing to do with the subject to piss right off

rory

7. 186161
    Spivkurl : Mon 24th Dec 2018 : 10 months ago

"ive just thought of another id like the people who randomly post check out my tracks on threads that have nothing to do with the subject to piss right off"

Tee Hee!

8. 111346
    Planetjazzbass : Mon 24th Dec 2018 : 10 months ago

"ive just thought of another id like the people who randomly post check out my tracks on threads that have nothing to do with the subject to piss right off" Absolutely, and also a mandatory tar and feathering!

9. 2159630
    SINExWAVE : Mon 24th Dec 2018 : 10 months ago

right on planetjazzbass and spivkurl

have a good Christmas :)

10. 311209
    ShurelyTemper : Sun 30th Dec 2018 : 9 months ago

Cool thread not sure if its still being viewed. But I would like to exchange Daw files with others, ie; Reason files contain most instrument info as well as arrangements. They are really small and would be so useful for collabs or just to offer out for remixes or even so that others can make use of them for their amusement. I have 800+ part made tunes most of which only use reason instruments.

11. 2615019
    damonb : Fri 4th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

if I want to look at a profile I just click on name or icon pretty straight forward had no problem figuring that out on my first day here

12. 2615019
    damonb : Fri 4th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

downtempo drumstep as genre basically genre list is very plain needs updateing

13. 2758601
    808ice : Fri 4th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

I would like to see a vBulletin type of Forums with different sections, an improved DM/PM system, I think this would give the community a boost and bring the people that are active on looperman closer together.

14. 2933374
    Bry4nofficial : Fri 4th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

I would like the Netherlands as a country where you live in, every country is on that list except for the Netherlands.

15. 2933374
    Bry4nofficial : Fri 4th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

Excuse me for what I said, Netherlands is at the 'T' for the Netherlands.

16. 775891
    Axion : Sun 6th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

I'd like a better way to reply to or mention users in a forum post so I can get notifications ONLY if mentioned or replied to specifically. The "Email me when someone replies to this post" applies to any and all thread replies posted after my comment, regardless of if it's in response to me or not.

17. 2238925
    WeDoDem : Tue 8th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

1> Possibility to sort loops according to pre-existing filters (genre, bpm, and all that stuff) by, for instance, number of downloads. Thing is, there are many redundant loops and only a few are really interesting, resulting usually in a consequent amount of downloads. Allowing the user to sort loops by "popularity" would make it easier to find good quality samples. Currently, some great loops (thinking about some of the hyster1a's loops, i.e.) are "lost" on Looperman.

2> Making a real PM/DM system.

3> Don't know, maybe having a dark theme for the interface would be nice ! :D

18. 308224
    theHumps : Thu 10th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

Make it so we have to "opt in" to any company associated with the site such as google, snapface and any other data collecting organization associated with looperman.

Why should my choices of what I click on, where I go, who I associate with be monitored by these companies? They don't run or own the internet and if they want my personal data they should have to ask my permission. Go ahead, try to "opt out". It is pretty much impossible. The links looperman send you to only suggest to add an add on to your browser which doesn't actually stop them from collecting your data, it only asks them not to do it.

It's 2019, the lack of oversight with these technology companies has allowed them to covertly track peoples movements, clicks, buying habits, friends.... I want myself protected from these people who do not have the right to collect ANYTHING from me.

That's #1.

19. 308224

Track descriptions limited to 500 characters? Why?

1000 is a reasonable length, it allows people to describe what instruments were used, how the mixing went, if anything different was tried, if a collab went well and so on.

Most people don't say much in their descriptions and those people usually don't say much in their comments either. Some people will abuse it with lyrics and blabbering crap but i was kinda shocked when my track was booted back because the description was too long. I think the more people talk about their process of production, techniques used and how they performed their tracks helps interaction here.

I have certainly learned and tried the things posted in descriptions and in musicians replies to questions asked in the comments section of the track. To limit the ability to express how you imagined and created your music here is odd.

20. 308224

And my 3rd suggestion get complicated.

No follow button. Vanity button isn't needed here.

Fix the forums by separating the want ads elsewhere on the page. Anywhere but in the main forum section so we can get back to some real discussions about music and related topics.

Be able to see the actual replies on comments/loops in our emails. Getting a notice you have a reply is like kissing your grandma, the sentiment is there but the substance is lacking.

Longer main tracks page, include them all on one page. If there are only 40 tracks put them on one page. Also, allow the songs to stay up longer instead of removing the after 3 or 4 days, maybe a week or two.

My 2 cents worth.

21. 2834277
    sxber : Thu 10th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

When someone downloads a loop it should include the BPM and key.

22. 1819633
    acesmith : Fri 11th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

I have two suggestions. The primary is this: allow "key" when uploading loops to be listed as minor or major, not just the notes themselves.

Then, it would logically follow to include enharmonic equivalent loops in searches, possibly as a check box in the search field (i.e. loops in b minor would also show up when loops in d major were searched). That's not my second idea though, just an expansion on the first.

My second idea is a revamp of the genre lists to be a list of genres that includes subgenres. That way, instead of an enormous list of genres on the site that includes everything from as specific as "moombahton" to as general as "electro", they could all fall under certain umbrellas. Of course, as a lot of genres are subgenres of other subgenres, some artistic license would have to be taken in the structuring, but that's already the case with the current genres anyway.

My idea of how this would be executed would be a genre box and a subgenre box on the track and loop upload pages. You would choose the genre (for example "EDM" or "hip hop") and then the subgenre (for example "dubstep" or "trap"). If no genre is selected, the subgenre box would offer every single subgenre choice, and if one is chosen it would fill in the respective genre on the list. If no subgenre is selected, the track would simply be uploaded under the primary genre (for example, one could upload a track and list it as just "rock", rather than a rock subgenre).

The track and loop search fields would function in the same manner, offering both a list of genres and subgenres which work the same way. If only a primary genre is selected to search, it will include all subgenres in the search (for example, "heavy metal" would also return tracks/loops labeled as "deathcore", "doom metal", "black metal", etc.).

23. 1079938
    TyWayne : Fri 11th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

yall gonna mess around and turn this into a full blown social media site for musicians and I love that lol

24. 1902994
    Ajerutis : Sun 13th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

I think the ability to remove and edit comments would be useful. Too many times have I gotten spam links to random stuff when I just wanted to hear what they done with my loop.

25. 2868389
    FlameDrop : Tue 15th Jan 2019 : 9 months ago

ability to attach more than one file in one

Posts 51 - 75 of 164

! You need to Log In or Register to post here.

From The Forums
Watched Forum Threads