Posted in : Forum : Site Ideas And Suggestions
Have an idea on how we could improve the site let us know here. Please take a look at the ideas already submitted first though so that we dont end up with duplicate threads.
@joe yeah that’s similar to mine (number 1) couldn’t agree with you more on that.
IDK if someone said this already, but there should be an easier way to message other users on the site without being forced to use email/outside messaging systems
My third Christmas Looperman wish is that we can search acapellas by their length in time. I personally am usually only interested in full song length acapellas so if you could search for a range in minutes that would be great. I know that won't make it full proof (some acapellas are fairly long but only have a short amount of actual vocal in them) but it would help me out no end and I can't be the only one surely?!!?
Well, I'd suggest some things:
1) There are a lot of complaints about current messaging system. It is too complicated for end users to use. How about a messaging system that Soundcloud has? (or, at least, close to this)
2) If I want to download the loop. I'd click on the loop title. Scrolling below, it shows similar loops. Why not show similar loops from the same author?
3) I know it's a vague wish, but how about optimizations? It takes ~20 seconds to load the site, I think it's not ok ;(
@donutsEW, 20 seconds? It takes me less than 2 seconds from a clean start. I will use CCleaner to clean up things by dumping my cache files and temp files. I will then reboot my Dell desktop and then load Looperman dot com with Google Chrome. Looperman dot com loads in less than 2 seconds with absolutely no lag time. Your 20 seconds is quite unacceptable, but I do not think it is this site that is causing your connectivity issues. Looperman does optimizations quite often, he sometimes even takes the entire site down in the middle of the day for software updates, security updates, and optimizations. You could either be throttled on your side, you may have potentially unwanted software on your system that is slowing you down, heavy cache files, a bad network driver or adapter, lots of local traffic, poor bandwidth, local router issues, or you lack the most recent updates for your operating system. There could also be a problem with your routing tables traffic as it hops through the multiple WAN interfaces to reach Looperman dot com as its final destination. Go try and login someplace else on another system to compare. Then come back and optimize your system. You can also ask LM for help.
be able to edit our comments so we dont have to repost every time we type something and flood acapella sections
1) More respect for one another and less bitching and complaining. (Wishful thinking in these days of internet)
I dont know how.. but maybe it is necessary to think about how to make a separate large Section "Collaboration". In this section everyone can upload an idea (usally rythmic pattern with some music theme 8-16 bars) and everyone can add something: the first added a guitar, second added a bass, a third added instrumental improvisation, a fourth - sang, etc. Music will always be better if it is made in a team. Thus, this site will be filled with art purpose and will be more interesting for us, listeners and representatives of the music business.
1) Add a field to allow others to assign a key to someone else's loops if they don't assign a key. Then compute the most voted for key which can also be used for searching for loops by key.
2) Option to get notifications when someone favorites one of your tracks.
Ooh! Ooh! My turn! My turn! My turn!
1. Users must have at least 3 tracks uploaded before permission to use the forums are granted.
2. Comment/Forum post editing, or track comment threading. In otherwords, the ability to edit or delete comments. By track comment threading, the ability to continually reply back and forth on track comments. Thus, making conversations more fluid and streamlined. Potentially promiting more conversation about the technical aspects of music production.
3. The featured track page had a "Player" option. Meaning, a check box next to each track, and a play button at the top of the page. Check the tracks you want to hear, dont check the ones you don't. Then hit play, sit back and let 'em roll!
That's my list.
ValveDriver, I like those suggestions!
1) A way to flag loops that are sampled from pre-released/copyrighted songs, so that they can be quickly taken down.
I meant to add, after clicking on the flag link, perhaps it can open to another window to a comment section, where more details can be added, like a link to the original song so that there will be no mistake on whether its copyright infringement.
You need to add decimals to the loop tempo
I know two were mentioned...but I wanted them before:
*Link Social Media with Icons(not just links in the profile)
ADD: 1. inbox message system. 2. system to rate the loops (5 stars or something). 3. option to star logged forever becouse it sucks put ur login, password, captcha bullshit and other stuff EVERY f time that u enter in the website
Time signatures in the search bar, please!
Exceptions in the search field. For instance, all drum loops EXCEPT Trap. That would be helpful for me at times.
1. ) I honestly wish that looperman had the ability to upload midis. It would allow other users see how I make my loops and help me see how other producers make their loops. It would be like a learning experience.
2.) I wish there was a way you could follow certain artist or producers so that you can get notified if they posted something instead of having to keep looking at their profile.
3.) I feel like there you should be able to add links and emails to a loop description.
I Think if "Shanta Claus" really does exist then he should make an appearance every year at Christmas time. What do you think boys and girls? Do you still believe ? (I do !)
:) Best man. Grandiose idea.
1 - A way to save loops. So if you're checking out loops on your phone, you can save them, and find them easily when you want to download them.
2 - Being able to follow a person on the site. So that if you enjoy their work, you can getting notifications (f.ex.) when the person uploads.
3 - A "Top list" of the most downloaded/commented loops from the past 24 hours.
I always had that ONE wish and hope that one day I'd wake up and find that Shan has added a midi upload/download section on Looperman.
But then it's just a dream coz this is LOOPerman not MIDIman.
1. Time signature added to search filters
3. MAYBE (and this is a reach) some form of monetization for loops. This is more than a dream, but i'm sure it'll add so much traffic to the website.
4. Purely cosmetic changes: A more modern theme. A dark one, more specifically. Not bashing on the looks of the website, but it surely shows its age. In addition (if it ever happens), give the users the choice of using the new theme or opt for the classic one.
5. Possibility to have GIFs as avatars(?)
6. Nothing more comes to my mind at the moment. Anyhow, things work as they should, and that's what's most important.
More leniency, consideration and priority towards veteran or vetted users.
That'd be great.
! You need to Log In or Register to post here.
Be the first to hear about new posts and offers
Copyright © 2019
Looper Time : 2019-08-22 01:30:51 | Version l-3110